Saturday, October 4, 2008

MY IDOL STRIKES AGAIN!

EAGLE EYE

eagleeyeposter-384x600

When I first saw the trailer of Eagle Eye, one song from the late 90's immediately came into my mind and that was Save Tonight. By who? Of course from “Eagle-Eye” Cherry and I still love that song! But this film is not about the singer and the song, it's about cyberspace dictatorship. I don't know if that's the fitting term but based on what's happening in the movie that's the nighest description. Watching Eagle Eye is like reminiscing some high-octane parts from Mission Impossible 1,2,3 and maybe some inspiration from I-Robot too. Some people may love this movie but for me I'm just so grateful to see Shia on the big screen before the year ends.

Eagle Eye tells a story about two strangers named Jerry & Rachel who have no connection to each other. One day they receive a call from the same female voice telling them that they have been “activated”. Both confused and worried of the dicey threat, they have no volition but to follow the specific instructions from that voice. It soon becomes lucid that a huge cabal is behind and the fate of their nation lies in the determination of these two unaware victims.

photo_01_hires

I'm still ambivalent if I really love this movie. I truly enjoyed this one but to love? Nah...Yeah ,my idol Shia is here but I didn't get what I wanted. I want to see him naked. Just kidding. I've seen their stunts and big explosions already from other detonative movies from the past. I actually didn't feel the tension of the movie at all. My heart wasn't palpitating that much and I didn't even fasten my seatbelt. As the movie continues with endless chasing and some impossible lams, it becomes a bit exhausting and it makes me soporific at the latter part. It's just me and I can't explain why? Maybe I was seedy that night?

photo_06_hires

Shia LaBeouf is still my man. He made me cry actually with his two drama scenes. Michelle Monaghan is definitely the next best actress. Give her some Oscar material and I believe she can grab that shining statue. She is really amazing. Rosario Dawson also surprises me here. Billy Bob Thornton does a decent job and The Shield's Michael Chiklis is truly remarkable in his small role.

photo_18_hires

Moviegoers who dig non-stop car crashing scenes with multiple explosions will definitely love this film. I really don't know why I wasn't impressed with their special and visual effects. Maybe because I've seen it already that's why it didn't amaze me. The story is interesting actually but some parts are over-explained. Although, I get their futuristic premise and when you think about it's quiet disturbing. There are no cool songs being played as background music and it makes me sad. The musical score is not that catchy too and it's really forgettable. However, DJ Caruso who also directed Shia's breakthrough hit “Disturbia” does a magnificent job and I really like his style of direction. Spielberg produced Eagle Eye and just expect some strange things here coz that's his gusto.

photo_17_hires

Eagle-Eye is interesting but it fails my meter to tag it as “amazing”. The movie is still pleasurable and it's not that really regrettable. Huge fans of Shia must celebrate his super stardom.For me, he is the future Tom Cruise and I hope to see him soon doing a Jerry Maguire. Shia strikes once again!!!

photo_02_hires

RATING : 4 / 5 *

No comments: