Tuesday, November 11, 2008

JAGGED LITTLE DAVID

David Archuleta Album Cover Pictures, Images and Photos

DAVID ARCHULETA

THE DEBUT ALBUM

Finally, the wait is over. David Archuleta's debut album is now out in the market and I'm proud to say that this is best album I've bought since Jagged Little Pill from Alanis Morissette. I can't skip a song. I can't discard a track. I love all the songs. I shuffle them sometimes but the gist is still the same. The songs are weighed equal to me. They're great to listen from time to time and all of them are potential singles in the future. Prepare for Archudomination!!!!

The album is now on heavy rotation in my player. I bought the physical CD album. I don't have an account in I-Tunes yet coz I'm from the Philippines that's why I can't download the De Luxe album. There are bonus tracks in the De Luxe edition and I will try my best to purchase those tracks.

For the time being, I will review the 12 tracks featured in the regular CD album.

1 CRUSHThe first single and the #1 single. The song debuted at#2 in Billboard Hot 100 unfortunately did not peak at #1 but in other charts from various radio stations and music video channels all over the world especially the Philippines, Crush is a huge #1 HIT!!! I really love this song. It gave me goose bumps the first time I heard it. I still have the LSS when I hear it. This is the perfect debut single.

2 TOUCH MY HAND- According to Jive, this is the next single. Oh my GOD! Another #1 single in the making! Aside from Crush, this is my fav track in the album. The tempo is kinda upbeat and it's super catchy especially the chorus. The hook will be stuck in your head for days. LSS fever again.

3 BARRIERS The intro reminds me of Tattoo by Jordin Sparks. Archie has a hiccup style on it but when he sings the chorus part you will appreciate the song This is the non-catchy song in the album I think but I won't even consider this as bad.

4 MY HANDSHmmm.. it sounds like Crush at the beginning mixed with the intro of Shooting Stars by the band Deepest Blue. This is also a fine track especially the chorus part where it's difficult to sing. Only Archie can deliver it that way.

5 A LITTLE NOT OVER YOU – Another “reminds me of that” song again. The intro again sounds like Anybody There by Andrea Corr. They are akin every time I listen to this song. That's for the intro and the first stanza only coz when Archie sings the chorus he really blows my mind. Great vocal and amazing control of his voice. The lyric is way too sad and he delivers it with pure emotion. This is one of the great tracks in the album. He co-wrote this song by the way.

6 YOU CAN- The song is too simple. It's acoustic and mellifluous. It's easy to sing along too. The song won't be attached in your mind instantly but it will grow on you eventually.

7 RUNNING I love this straightaway. So contemporary. The vocal style is gorgeous when he sings the “running” part. He is terrific. The hook is indulgent.

8 DESPERATE The saddest song in the album I think. He sings exceptional with a teary voice. I can really feel it. The song is not too catchy but you won't skip it anyway.

9 TO BE WITH YOU- The most moving and heartfelt song in the album. Too lachrymose.Archie will make you cry in this track. His voice is angelic and mesmerizing. The collaboration with Kara DioGuardi is definitely congruous. It's also fit to sing this song in the church.

10 DON'T LET GOanother “reminds me of that” song again. This song sounds like one of the tracks from “The Fray”. But this is a feel-good song. He also co-wrote this one. This is one of the songs that I'd like to be featured in Gossip Girls or Grey's Anatomy.

11 YOUR EYES DON'T LIE The most astonishing song in the album ever! OMG, the intro is country-ish and the whistling just drives me crazy. But when Archie starts to sing his style reminds me of Jason Mraz. He can definitely sing the way Mr.AZ does. Archie is really gifted in this song. I love this one. Totally one of my top favs.

12 ANGELS We heard him sang this during the AI7 Idol Gives Back Week. He was great there. In this polished remake he is just immaculate. Robbie Williams is a good singer but Archie's version is way much better. The is the perfect song to end the album. It reminds us that he is an American Idol contestant with a pure heart and loving soul.

David Archuleta's debut album is a must have. All his fans won't be disappointed. If you love “Crush” even if you're not a fan, you will be delighted to hear the other 11 tracks too. The songs are radio-friendly. His vocals are impeccable. The album is cohesive and totally cool!

RATING : 5/5*

No comments: