Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SPIFFY SHTUP

SEX AND THE CITY ( THE MOVIE)

sitc-poster

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Sex and the City. I have never seen a single episode from any seasons of the series But when the news broke out last year about the shooting of the film, I was one of those excited moviegoers who eagerly wanted to watch this. Unfortunately, when I read last May that MTRCB brutally massacred this R-18 film in order to gain a Rated -13 in favor of the distributor . I believe that a huge film like this should be shown in SM Cinemas for a wider release and rake more money however I decided to skip the theatrical version. For months I have patiently waited for the DVD. Luckily, the anticipated video is now out and I've finally watched it. The gist​?! I became an instant fan and currently saving dough to buy all the seasons of Sex & the City TV series.

photo_01_hires

According to what I've read, the film is set four years after the events of the series finale. Carrie and Big are finally engaged. Miranda is having difficulty in equating her home, work, and social life , and confesses to the girls that she hasn’t had sex with Steve in six months. She is devastated when Steve reveals he has slept with another woman, and immediately separates from him. Samantha is living with Smith, who has a successful television career. They live in Los Angeles, where Samantha is finding it unmanageable to take time for herself. She is traveling oftentimes between L.A. and New York, and wrestling with her persistent desire for sex with other men;especially her good-looking and sexually brisk next-door-neighbor, Dante Charlotte is blessed in her marriage to Harry , with their adopted daughter, Lily.

photo_16_hires

The story is definitely a chick flick material. I'm a guy but I definitely like this. The script is fashionably nifty. I love the flow of the screenplay even if it's too lengthy. There are no dull moments in the film even if the scene is too loquacious. I'm not familiar with the characters but I can feel their complex personalities and I find them appealing in a different way. Samantha is my favorite character here. I definitely love Sam. She is simply funny and very erogenous. If she is part of a scene and Dante is around, my heart palpitates so fast coz I'm such a pervert like her (just kidding) and I love those hot erotic shtupping scenes she loves to fantasize. Carrie is quiet introspective but I love her taste. She is the fashionista.Charlotte is really sweet and optimistic. Miranda is strong but sometimes disheartened. I find Big so huge and intimidating. I don't know but Samantha's next door neighbor elicits me more. Whew!

The film is called Sex and the City. What do we expect in a Rated 18 film like this? Of course SEX!!! I'm so glad that I have the uncut DVD. I'm so pollyannaish right now that I didn't watch this last May. I don't want to feel cheated you know. The nookie scenes are scorching. It's stylish I must say but not as voguish as Lust,Caution from Ang Lee. Dante's frontal nudity is unexpected and I think it's a mirthful scene. Samantha's reaction is superb the way she ogles his wiener. I just can't stop from laughing.

photo_11_hires

Of the four, Sarah Jessica Parker is the best actress. She might nominated in the Golden Globe and hopefully the Oscars. Well, we really don't know. Surprisingly, Jennifer Hudson is a miscast and sad to say forgettable.

photo_08_hires

Sex & the City is totally fun. If you didn't catch this last Summer, well, watching this in winter is perfect too. You don't need a fireplace to warm up your cold nights, try this film with your swain and I guarantee that the Mercury will rise. I definitely love Sex and the City. This is a feel-good film. Rent the video now!

RATING : 5 /5 *

No comments: