Sunday, January 28, 2007

Brokeback Suburbia


LITTLE CHILDREN


This is not an award winning gay film again but I can compare this to Brokeback Mountain coz of its murky theme. This is a controversial novel adaptation. The film has been rated 'R-18' for strong sexuality and nudity, language and some disturbing content. Just like Brokeback the film wasn’t shown in SM cinemas.It’s also like watching Desperate Housewives but more dark and serious this time. Little Children takes place in an upper-middle class suburb of Boston in the middle of a hot summer. It’s like watching Monster’s Ball, Capote, The Woodsman, Monster and previous Kate Winslet’s films like Holy Smoke & Hideous Kinky. You will have this odd sentiment after watching the film. You won’t go out and say “oh I enjoyed it.. so much fun!… feel good one! No not one of those but the film disturbed me and made me think. The ending was ambiguous but I can figure it out.
Kudos to the amazing adapted screenplay! I love it.
I hope Kate Winslet will surprise the Academy Awards. She is the youngest actress with the most nominations on acting category. She has 5 right now.I agree on the nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role by Jackie Earle Haley. His character is disturbing.Well, I’m recommending this to all adventurous movie buffs and if you’re monitoring the nominated films in the Oscars you must include Little Children.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: