Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SAVAGELY BRUTAL BUT BEAUTIFUL

APOCALYPTO

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another masterpiece from the passionate auteur Mel Gibson!

I remember crying and begging to stop the flagellation of Jesus when I was watching The Passion of the Christ. That film from Gibson kinda changed my life. I was moved so much.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here in Apocalypto, well it was an awakening of something hidden in the past.
Though when I researched the history of the ancient Mayan civilization I found some loopholes here but I won’t spoil it for you coz this film was produced for entertainment and not for documentation.

A-adrenaline (check your blood pressure)
P- palpitation ( check your heart)
O- oh my God!!! Oh no !
C- creativity from Gibson and spectacular cinematography
A- amazing amazing amazing
L- Lord of Violence and Gory
Y- yucks ( if you hate and wanna puke if you see blood all over)
P - Perfect execution from the cast esp. Jaguar Paw
T – Tremendous sound effects and make-up
O- Oh man! You gotta watch this!!!

To sum it up this film is not for the weak heart.

Award-winning masterpiece but completely robbed and snubbed by the Academy!
Highly recommended!

No comments: