Monday, July 16, 2007

RAT- TERRIFIC LITTLE CHEF !


RATATOUILLE


Delectable, scrumptious & delightful. The best way to describe this filmfrom Disney/Pixar but refrigerate immediately coz this mouth-watering film may be spoiled.


I’m afraid that this film may not appeal to kids. “Maybe to some kids”. The writers/directors here I think didn’t intend to tickle their innocent imagination. Kids may find this a bit boring I guess. I was expecting for more hilarious scenes from our protagonist named Remy, “a magnificent rat living in Paris who wants to be a chef. Unfortunately, there were only handful to laugh but the scenes in the kitchen totally blew my mind. It was amazing how Pixar did the animation. The detailed CGI illusion is really remarkable. If you were impressed when you were watching The Incredibles, then expect to be amazed more. Brad Bird is a genius director.


It was inspirational to watch a rodent pest being feared in the kitchen and here he was craving to be the best cook in Paris. I love the way Remy & Linguini the garbage boy doing their dish in the kitchen. It’s just like watching Rachel Ray and suddenly you wish “ Haaay…I wish I could cook too!” Well, the rat can cook so “Anyone Can Cook”.


The story is really clever. I think Pixar has a room filled with extraordinary heart-wrenching stories to animate. They always surprise us honestly.


The voice "acting" of the characters was excellent. I was really anticipating to watch this coz I read that this film received positive reviews from the US critics and there is a strong word-of-mouth too. I wasn’t disappointed that I didn’t chuckle that much. I wasn’t also upset that I didn’t shed tears. I even prepared my hanky just in case coz all the past Pixar films really made me cry. I don’t know how to describe my feelings after I left the cinema. Ambivalent I guess.


Anyway, this is a strong contender for Best Animated Film next year. I think Ratatouille will win the statuette.


WARNING: STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE “MUROPHOBIA”!
WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: