Thursday, August 9, 2007

DISTURBING BURBS


DISTURBIA




This is like watching Desperate Housewives coz of the suburbs setting but minus the wives of course only this time it’s more sinister.

The story of Disturbia revolves around Kale played by Shia LeBeouf (“my newfound idol” of Transformers, Even Stevens and also voiced Cody in Surf’s Up) who was sentenced to three months of house arrest, wearing an ankle monitor. To avoid boredom he must be creative and Kale becomes a voyeur and starts watching his neighbors with binoculars. The movie was inspired from Alfred Hitchcock’s Rear Window. Now I am enthusiastic to see that film.

This film is a subtle thriller. The first half is very interesting. Well, I had so many kilig moments coz Shia is really fascinating. His acting is really strong. You can feel the passion especially his scenes with Carrie Ann Moss( The Matrix) who played here as his mother. The kilig moments I mentioned started when this girl next door he fancied started to mingle with Kale in his “project”. The Crime Solving Project. That girl is hot. Watch out for her!

The movie didn’t have a huge twist coz the suspect was revealed by Kale a bit early palpably. But as the movie moves on to the second half, I was so scared already. I was so groggy and almost covered my eyes to some intense scenes. My heart was palpitating so fast when our protagonist continues to save the night. I really don’t like spoiling you guys just watch it coz it’s worth it.

Shia is really a promising actor.
Director DJ Caruso did great. I remember him as the director of Taking Lives and Smallville Pilot Episode. He knew how to scare our wits.

I just hate the late distribution of this film here in our country. Better late than never.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

No comments: