Monday, May 25, 2009

FROM BORING TO ASTONISHING

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com 1734298703

This review is kinda late because the movie that I always thought to be ho-hum is not worth the dough .I’ve seen Star Trek TV episodes when I was still young. I find them so unexciting. I think I’ve watched one film too and didn’t even finish it. Same reason: BORING! Last year when the trailer was released, I reacted harshly! “Another snooze fest attempt??? Give me a break. I’m not fan and I will never be!” But two weeks ago when I heard enthusiastic reception from the critics and surprisingly from the moviegoers I decided to give it a try! This is directed by the genius man behind Alias ,Lost and Cloverfield named J.J. Abrams and I thought it was really worth a shot! You know what? Surprisingly I truly enjoyed my space voyage. A youthful and energetic trek I must say!

Film Synopsis: The film tells the incredible story of a young crew’s maiden voyage onboard the most advanced starship ever created: the U.S.S. Enterprise. On a journey filled with action, comedy and cosmic peril, the new recruits must find a way to stop an evil being whose mission of vengeance threatens all of mankind. The fate of the galaxy rests in the hands of bitter rivals. One, James T. Kirk (Chris Pine), is a delinquent, thrill-seeking Iowa farm boy. The other, Spock (Zachary Quinto), was raised in a logic-based society that rejects all emotion. As fiery instinct clashes with calm reason, their unlikely but powerful partnership is the only thing capable of leading their crew through unimaginable danger, boldly going where no one has gone before!

photo_15_hires

I’m not a fan at all. I’m not also familiar with the characters. I have no clue about being a trekker. Guess what? This movie is truly surprising from the outset and right to the last frame. I read that this is not a prequel. This isn’t a sequel too. Maybe this is a youthful and energetic franchise. I don’t know. Well, we see some seeds from the past and also a glimpse from the future. It’s a jigsaw time travel puzzle. It’s really cool. The movie is actually loquacious to galaxy matters and stuff but it won’t hinder you from enjoying the non-stop action scenes and of course the nifty humor of the script. Pleasantly awesome! J.J Abrams is an amazing producer/director because he knows what the audience wants. If X-Men Origins: Wolverine quenches your blockbuster thirst,Star Trek not only does the same thing but it energizes you as well.

photo_17_hires

The Star Trek team excels mostly on their astonishing visual effects. They make the outer space a beautiful place. It’s still scary to be there for me. That scene with Chris Pine on the snow is really riveting. I’ve never seen a creature like that before. Another monster creation from Abrams and it’s bloodcurdling honestly. The sound editing and mixing are terribly awesome. The music also rocks!

photo_27_hires

The reason why you will heart Star Trek is because of the cast. Chris Pine who plays Kirk is too handsome for the role and he shines. I bet he can be the next Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise. He has this sexy package. Spock Spock Spock!!! He rocks!!!He is the hottest half-alien-half human in the whole wide universe. Zachary Quinto who plays the role nails it down! He is perfect and I love him. I like Zoe Saldana when I first knew her in “Center Stage”. In this movie, she promises something enormous. Thanks to Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, John Cho and Anton Yelchin! These four trekkers can make you laugh out loud. Their characters are unforgettable and we will see them more in the sequel I bet. It’s also shocking to see Eric Bana on the credits. I didn’t even notice him (blame the make up). He plays a huge role and he is the stupid antagonist Nero.

photo_06_hires

Some are saying that Star Trek is 2009’s Ironman. Last year, I did not watch that successful comeback movie of Robert Downey Jr in the big screen coz it looked lackluster to me at first but after watching it on DVD I really fell in love with Ironman. That’s why you should not miss this amazing trek coz the enjoyment I experienced last year with Ironman is also here. I never thought that Star Trek is an interesting franchise. But I won’t watch again the erstwhile treks I hate coz I believe that JJ. Abrams is planning an explosive space adventure in the near future. I will be first in line in the U.S.S. Enterprise next voyage.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments: