Friday, May 8, 2009

NICE ASS … I MEAN NICE CLAWS!

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com x_men_origins_wolverine_ver2

Last month when the raw DVD of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was leaked into the cyberspace, I did not watch it (immediately). But I read rave reviews about the movie and I decided to borrow the bootleg copy from my friend. I was just curious you know (I’m not promoting piracy here I’m sorry). My reaction after watching the raw copy was mixed. I did not like it that much and I still wanted more. It’s like eating raw fish. So I decided to watch the theatrical release. Whoa!!!!! This is what we called “summer blockbuster”!!!! This first X-Men spin off is definitely explosive!

photo_06_hires

The outset of the film takes place in 1845 somewhere within the Northwest Territories of Canada. A family upheaval prompts an ailing James Logan (aka the future Wolverine) to discover his powers when overwhelmed by ire. He and his older half brother Victor Creed (later known as Sabretooth) run away from home and never look back. Fast forward over 10 decades later, the siblings serving together in the Civil War, World War I, World War II and the Vietnam War. Logan and Creed are recruited by William Stryker to serve in an exclusive mercenary unit of mutants. After witnessing the slaughter of innocent civilians in Lagos, Nigeria, Logan has had enough and quits the elite squad. Victor is devastated to see him leave. Six years later, he’s living a simple life as a lumberjack in Canada with his attractive school teacher girlfriend Kayla Silverfox. But one day when Victor murders the woman he loves, James agrees to do the risky experiment with Stryker on him and must take Victor down.

photo_17_hires

The film promises one thing: entertainment. I’m not really a huge “Marvel fanatic” and a enormous fan of the X-men movies but I’ve seen the trilogy. I think “Wolverine” is not forgettable. This movie is action-packed with breathtaking stunt work, astounding special effects, predictable script and some memorable characters. But this movie is all about Wolverine. So don’t complain if your favorite character has only few lines in the movie.I really love watching this inside the cinema because you can feel the intensity of the scenes. Remember, the version in the big screen is already cooked.

photo_11_hires

I did not expect to see Hugh Jackman’s nakedness here. Whoa nice ass man! That scene is kinda fast but that’s not really the highlight in the movie. We’ve seen him for the past 3 X-Men movies and he does what’s right for the character. In “Origins”, it’s nice to know him as a very sweet and charming hero. His acting of course is not award-winning but he truly gives life and colour in this role. He will be Wolverine forever. Liev Schreiber’s acting as Sabretooth is magnificently fierce. Mr. Scarlett Johansson aka Ryan Reynolds only appears for 5 minutes and yet he is remarkable. I can’t wait for his next project. Guess what? He will star in the next X-Men Origins.

photo_05_hires

I’m still recommending the movie. I know a lot of people have already seen the bootleg knock-off but that’s incomplete and insipid. Check the final product and I’m sure you’ll think twice again if you’re goin’ to watch another leaked blockbuster DVD in the future.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments: