Sunday, February 4, 2007

SOME TERRIFIC, RADIANT & HUMBLE PIG

CHARLOTTE'S WEB

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This classic adaptation from E.B. White's beloved novel is definitely one treasure I must keep.I love Dakota Fanning so much with her passionate acting as Fern. She's perfect for the role.Of course, Julia Robert's voice as Charlotte the spider is remarkable. I like Steve Buscemi's voice too as Templeton the rat.

I must not forget the cute voice of Dominic Scott Kay as Wilbur the Pig. Great voice talent ensemble.

I must say congrats to the beautiful screenplay written by Susannah Grant and Karey Kirkpatrick. I remember Susannah being nominated for the script of Erin Brockovich & her brilliant adaptation of a Cinderella film " Ever After". I love the script
coz I cried a lot. I shed tears everytime people are eager to see the miraculous web by Charlotte.I don't know but it's an ordinary miracle. Maybe because the music is uplifting and mellifluous too. Who composed the score?

Well, it's Danny Elfman who did Spiderman 1 & 2, Big Fish, Hulk, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride & Desperate Housewives theme. His music is amazing. I'm wondering why he was snubbed by the academy.

I also adore the puppy love romance with Fern and her classmate. It's cute just like "Little Manhattan".

The movie is funny in some parts. I was laughing to the scarecrow scenes with the crows of course. It was hilarious.

The unique thing about this film is that I became a child again. It opens with a soulful narration. The opening sequence showed some pages from the book's illustrations.It's like listening to a children's book too while someone's reading it. It was terriffic.

.....When you wake up everyday
Please don’t throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinary miracle
Those are some of the lines from the themesong "Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah McLachlan. It's haunting.

If you want some
heartwarming family film. Swing, stick, loop & spin with Charlotte's web!

MAGNUM OPUS!

No comments: