Tuesday, February 27, 2007

DON’T FLUSH THE SLUGS!!!

FLUSHED AWAY


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Honestly, I didn’t watch those previous animations from Aardman guys who gave us
Chicken Run & Wallace and Grommit. Stop-motion clay/plasticine animation is not
really my thing. I’m into CGI and traditional animation. Well, good thing is that “Flushed away” is all CGI. Thanks to Dreamworks!

I love it. Coz it has jukebox musical in it. Slugs’ songs are bloody hilarious. The slugs are filthy cute and I love their segue especially that “Mr. Lonely” scene. I thought they were annoying when I saw them during the trailer but they stole the show. Also watch out for that “Sailing” scene coz it’s my fav part.

Hugh Jackman as Roddy St. James and Kate Winslet as Rita Malone gave voices to the two main characters. They are amazing. Kate has a powerful voice talent and Hugh once again showed us his singing supremacy just like in Happy Feet. This time it’s Tom Jones!

The animation is not that splendid maybe because the characters still resemble classic plasticine stop-motion. I told you it’s not my thing but I was amazed with their complex water animation.

By the way, they spoofed scenes from other movies! I was laughing when I saw Nemo, Wolverine’s outfit in Roody’s closet of course Hugh played that X-Men role, James Bond is here too, and a lot more!

I was just disappointed coz the movie was released here so so so very late! It was released in the US last Nov.3 2006 and the DVD went into the shelves just last week Feb 20, 2007 in the US. Hmmpppp!

Better late than never.

Hey kids! Give it a try! I know you will love this!

No comments: