Sunday, April 1, 2007

BUTCHERED FANTASY

ERAGON

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I have not read the book yet but I’m planning to buy it soon.
I wasn’t that excited to watch this last January coz of mixed reviews
here on CTC and also it received poor reviews from the US critics and viewers.
So my only option was to wait for the Original DVD and borrow it.
Finally, the video is out and I watched it with no high expectations.

They were right! The movie is flawed. Bad screenplay coz of its silly dialogues. The plot moves too quickly. There is barely time to attach any momentous feelings toward any of the characters except Eragon. Some actors gave appalling performances esp. John Malkovich as the King Galbatorix. Ed Spelleers as Eragon was just fine. I think he’s handsome. Jeremy Irons was simply prominent. Rachel Weiz who gave the voice of Saphira is not persuasive to me. The musical score is forgettable. The editing is bland.
The make-up is hilarious.

Well, Eragon has something good to offer too. I must say kudos to the beautiful cinematography and compelling visual effects esp Saphira. I was so happy that the movie ended with a song from Avril Lavigne.

Enough said.

No comments: