Tuesday, April 10, 2007

INCESSANTLY AMUSING

GHOST RIDER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I didn’t watch this flick on its first week here coz it received very bad reviews from the US critics. I was not cajoled the way they described it. I watched it here before the Holy Week and I was surprised with its pleasurable value.

I believe that the producers & the director didn’t intend this for the Oscar race. This is a popcorn flick. Indeed, it was entertaining for me coz I didn’t follow the comic series and I have nothing to criticize the “Marvel essence”. I just love the flow of the movie.
I didn’t find it as boring as stated by the critics.

The visual effects are awesome. This is the best thing of the flick aside from the cute actor who played the young Johnny Blaze. He is Matt Long. “Sana sa kanya na lang ito at ginawang debut film para sa kanya”. Well, Nicolas Cage was fine pero he is so overrated at fresh pa kasi sa memory natin ang kanyang atrocious film na “ The Wicker Man”. Eva Mendez is still boring as ever.

Some scenes are scary for kids maybe.

Well, just wait for the DVD. This is enjoyable while watching on the couch.

No comments: