Wednesday, April 25, 2007

THE SPANISH HOGWARTS/NARNIA

PAN'S LABYRINTH

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Right now, this film is already included in my list of treasured films of all times.
Pan’s Labyrinth is magnificent & a perfect illusion masterpiece.

I can’t tell you the synopsis of the screenplay coz I may spoil some good things that you should see in this film. The story is a mind-blowing conundrum. Just like the enigmatic labyrinth here. It’s not so predictable.

Ever since I fell in love with Harry Potter and Narnia a bit, I’m really digging this genre now. I wish to enter our very own Filipino maze. Let’s say, “Maria Makiling’s Labyrinth. That would be awesome!!!

Let’s praise this film! Kudos to the ART DIRECTION! They won an Oscar here. I love the scenes on her 3 tasks. Totally pulchritudinous!

Hats off to the MAKE-UP! Well, according to the Academy only 3 films were outstanding last year. Apocalypto , Click & this film. No doubt they won in this category. The faun itself is remarkable.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last award they have won was CINEMATOGRAPHY. The labyrinth was the beauty of the film. I love it!

Of course I must warn the kids to the artistic violence of this film. Be vigilant to the bloody scenes.

Director Guillermo del Toro did an immaculate job but he was snubbed by the academy. So sad! Even Y Tu Mama Tambien’s Maribel Virdu was totally shunned for Best Supporting Actress. So unfair! However, the new girl actress enthralled my heart. Ofelia played by Ivan Baquero is so pretty.

This should’ve won as BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM!

This film is kinda heartbreaking. I shed tears coz I feel nostalgic watching this.
Don’t worry you won’t sob that much.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

No comments: