Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I CAN’T SWANK THAT MUCH!

THE REAPING


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hilary Swank what are you doing here?
She is a 2-time Academy award winner and she was acting just fine in this visual feast film.

The Reaping is a religion-themed horror film based on the 10 Plagues of Egypt Since, I already knew the 10 plagues, the highlights were very predictable. I almost have forty winks while watching this. The reason why I was glued to my seat is that I was expecting a scientific explanation of the modern day plagues. They started the film with that promise of showing the character of Swank explaining to students that every religious phenomenon there is a scientific explanation. So I was expecting 10 scientific explanations unfortunately I didn’t see one instead a stupid predictable twist was shown. Duh...

Anyway, I was amazed with the film’s visual effects and cinematography. They were quiet creepy. Hats off to the bloody river & the locusts.

I can’t swank that much that I love this film. It’s better if you will just read the Bible and just picture the 10 plagues in your head or just wait for the DVD and watch this next Holy Week.

No comments: