Wednesday, October 17, 2007

EXCELLENT EVENING

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Last week I watched Claire Danes as a beautiful star who fell from the sky.
Yesterday, stars were named after her in a film I deeply loved called “EVENING”.
Indeed, Ms. Claire Danes is a sparkling star!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I’ve seen most of Claire Danes’ film even the controversial Brokedown Palace. Did you watch it? It was filmed here in the Philippines you know. I don’t know if you’re also familiar with her other films like Stage Beauty. She’s terrific in that too.

Anyway, if she’s enchanting in “Stardust” well she’s marvelous in “Evening”. This is a good project for her coz she really shines. I must say that this cast is a great ensemble.
Imagine Meryl Streep, Vanessa Redgrave, Toni Collette, Hugh Dancy and Glenn Close in one film? Awesome! The other reason why I also watched this is because of the sumptuous masculinity of Patrick Wilson. Who is he? Well he was in The Phantom of the Opera as Raoul and last year he showed us his “whole scorching package” I mean beefcakes from him you know in the award-winning film “Little Children” with Kate Winslet. Please try to rent or buy the DVD so that when you watch “Evening” you’ll know why I am blandishing him.
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/jishcand78/patrick_wilson9.jpg[/IMG]
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The story of Evening is about love, friendship, marriage, parenthood and identity crisis.
Actually, the first 20 minutes is dragging. However, there is a reason why the screenplay is loquacious and slow. The film lets the audience be totally emotionally involved with the characters. They got me honestly. Buddy punched my heart precisely. Watch out for him.
You will love his character. Buddy na naman? Iyak na naman ako pag naririnig ko ang word na yan. Hu hu hu….
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Warning: this is not your typical family drama film or romantic/dramedy flick. This is a different art film. Almost lachrymose to me but maybe not for everbody. Let me say if you hate palavers then skip this one.Actually, the film is a beautiful painting. I love the shots from start to finish.Watch out for the “Arrival of Ann”, “Stolen Kiss Under The Stars”, Hideaway Romance of Harris & Ann,Evening Saunter, The Plunge, Sunrise Kiss at the Forest,Butterfly & Ann, The Last Bed Scene of Ann and the final scene “The Crying Sea Waves in the Evening”. Actually, I named the painting all by myself. He he . I really love the director’s touch! Of course with the help of the cinematographer. Bravo!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Please spare some time for this film.
WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: