Sunday, October 14, 2007

SPARKLING-SPECTACULAR-SURPRISING!

STARDUST
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Whew! I didn’t expect this film to be astonishing!

I haven’t read the novel yet but I am planning to buy it someday now that that I’ve seen the film. Wow!!! Amazing!!!

I love the screenplay. It’s nifty and sidesplitting.
You know what some of the lines from the “comely falling star” Yvaine played by Claire Danes are really poetic & hypnotic if you let it enter into your ears. Some quotes will tickle the soporific part of your innocence. It’s simply exhilarating. Ms. Danes is a good actress but her role in Stardust is not her golden ticket for Oscars. I hope she will surprise us someday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just wait when you reached the part of the flying vessel with the pirates. I was cackling so hard. That idea of the writers is simply superb. Robert de Niro really saved the day. He is awesome! I didn’t expect him to be so amusing. You will love his character as Captain Shakespeare. I enjoyed the part in which he is “doing his thing” to a famous Moulin Rouge music. The audience has a good guffaw there.

Newcomer Charlie Coz who plays Tristan is a good catch. He is a promising British actor. He is quiet good but he’s not that hot for me. If you’ll look closely and stare his eyes, you will see a reflection of a famous British actor too. Well, I think I see Ewan McGregor’s personality in him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kudos to Michelle Pfeiffer as the wicked witch Lamia. After hating her in Hairspray for being a racist, this time you will loathe her more. She is perfect but not enough to cajole “thumbs-up choice” for an acting nod. She is just fit to play the role here. Whew! Her make-up can scare kids honestly. I thought I saw Linda Blair’s possessed face in The Exorcist. Oh yeah, I will bet for Best in Make Up.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love the cinematography. The locations are stunning. It’s like watching Lord of the Rings because of the spectacular views but they didn’t shoot the film in New Zealand. This time they went to Scotland and Iceland. Cool huh?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You can hear nice music too in the film. It’s mellifluous. I am hooked right now to the love theme performed and written by Take That. The song is “Rule The World”.
According to the song….
….You light the skies, up above me
A star, so bright, you blind me, yeah
Don’t close your eyes
Don’t fade away, don’t fade away…
Yeah you and me we can ride on a star
If you stay with me girl
We can rule the world
Yeah you and me we can light up the sky
If you stay by my side
We can rule the world…
I find the lyrics so perfect for the film.

WATCH THE VIDEO


Anyway, if you crave for a kilig-love story then don’t miss this.
If you love comedy the n dig this too.
If you dream the magical universe then you should explore the breathtaking adventures in Stardust.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Highly Recommended!

No comments: