Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A RUN TO REMEMBER IN DECEMBER


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is an independent coming-of-age film. I didn’t know why my brother from Hogwarts “Harry Potter” aka Daniel Radcliffe accepted this. I didn’t like the screenplay of December Boys but I didn’t hate it at all. It’s not common for me but there’s zilch to brag. I was enduring not to have forty-winks while watching this adaptation by Rod Hardy.

There were only 10 of us in Megamall that afternoon. I watched it on the 1st day and 2nd screening .I didn’t hear any chortles from the other 9.
I didn’t hear any sobs too. Duh… I was really anticipating to shed tears . I even prepared my hanky
I thought I heard some snoring. He he he.
I bet that guy was bored.

I wasn’t bored actually coz I was amazed with the attractive and gorgeous cinematography of the film. The scenes are exhilarating in Kangaroo Island and Adelaide, Australia. The aerial shots are amazing. So beautiful and haunting! I love the carved rocks and the sunset scenes. It’s like a magical hideaway when you are there..

Anyway, the performances are believable. Despite the palpable huge star billing of Daniel Radcliffe at the top of the cast list, this film is really about a young boy named Misty played by Lee Cormie. Daniel as Maps is only a supporting actor in the story. Let’s face it do you think people will queue into the theatres and watch this movie “December Boys” starring Lee Cormie?
Who the fuck is he?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Girls! Expect some skin from Daniel. He will tickle your fantasy but he didn’t do The Full Monty and Equus. “Maps” is a wild young man and so is Radcliffe!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The dialogue in this film is in a strong Australian accent. That’s why Radcliffe is not-so- Harry Potter here with his Aussie tongue. I heard he had to practice the accent 6 months prior to filming. Honestly, I hardly understood their confabulations.
I gotta buy the DVD soon and scrutinize the subtitles.

By the way, I love the songs they used as background music. Cool!

Even though I wasn’t that pleased with the story, I enjoyed the camaraderie of the four orphans named Maps, Spark, Spits and Misty.
“All for One! One for All!
DECEMBER BOYS!!!! “


If you’re an enormous Harry Potter fan please don’t expect magic.
Maybe this film will make you soporific.
I was expecting this to be more dramatic.
Instead I learned that Radcliffe is only the magic trick.
To titillate all the teen-girls and make them “kilig”.


WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: