Thursday, October 25, 2007

SEEK OR GOOGLE

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is decent but I think it is quiet stupid.

Harry Potter is a Seeker in Hogwarts.
Will Stanton is also a Seeker in London. Yeah, they’re comparable but Harry Potter is more popular.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Anyway, I like this movie coz it’s really enjoyable. I don’t care if this was shunned by the US Critics. This is not intended for Oscars honestly. This is a magical/fantasy popcorn movie for kids and maybe for everybody I guess. Too bad it flopped in the box office.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Honestly, I didn’t know that there is a book. Ha ha ha. Really? Well, I think I must find the book series coz I became enthusiastic to know what happens next.

Amelia Warner is one reason why I also watched this. She is in the Hollywood remake of a Filipino film called “Sigaw”. This time it’s The Echo! I am so proud and excited about this film directed by our very own Yam Laranas. Yeah the film was finished already. According to Yam’s blog nasa post-pro na sila. Amelia plays the role of Angel Locsin.
Iza Calzado is also in the film. Back to Amelia, yeah she is attractive. She is a dead ringer for Selma Blair. At first I thought she played a major role here in The Seeker but I was dismayed coz she was visible only for 10 minutes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Technically, The Seeker didn’t disappoint the fans. Great visual effects and immense sound! The musical score is just ok but not that memorable. I just didn’t like the fight scenes. They were stupid and poorly executed. By the way, in the movie Will has guardians called the “Old Ones”. It is funny coz they were useless in Will’s search for the six signs. They didn’t do that much and I was confused about them about their roles. Hmmm… are they planning for a sequel?

If Harry Potter has Hermione to get some clues about enigma stuff well Will is more hi-tech and virtually smart. May Google siya. Ha ha ha!!! He googled the clues! I was laughing so hard. I love the idea you know even if they insulted the book according to the readers.

Ok, just don’t expect too much. This movie is still respectable. I enjoyed it coz the story is interesting for me. I wasn’t bored and the Seeker is really handsome. Alexander Ludwig is really cute. He is a promising actor for me.

So seek the signs now or you can play Quidditch and be a Seeker.
It’s your choice. Google the film by the way.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: