Thursday, April 3, 2008

MELLIFLUOUS RUSH

AUGUST RUSH

Photobucket



When I first heard about August Rush last year I just ignored it. I didn't Google about this film at all.
But when I heard that their original song “Raise It Up” was nominated at the Academy Awards, I immediately searched online about this film.

I was flabbergasted when I found out about the cast. Freddie Highmore plays the main character. What??? He is one of my favorite young actors these days. Then Keri Russel is also here. Oh my God Felicity is here! Then John Rhys Myers is also part and contributed some of the original tracks. You gotta be kidding me! I love this British actor and it's a shame that I didn't know that he is included in the film. Lastly, Robin Williams the most versatile actor in Hollywood is also part of the ensemble. Wow!!!! A small film with a respectable cast. I told myself I should watch this!

I bought the DVD immediately and after watching the film I felt something good about life.
This is an ultimate feel good film. The music is really soothing & refreshing.

Photobucket

August Rush is the name of the talented young musician being played by Freddie Highmore. He is an orphan who believes that one day he will find his real parents through his music.

The film has a lot of drama and exciting music. I really enjoyed Freddie's performance here. Keri & John Rhys are amazing too. John Rhys has a nice musky voice. It's really sexy. Robin Williams is exceptional. You will hate his character.

Photobucket

The nominated song “Raise It Up” was played around in the middle of the film and it was one of the highlights I guess.It's a haunting song. Speaking of highlights, I guess the “must see” scenes here are August's First Guitar Play, August's Heavenly Piano Piece, The Duet at the Park and of course The Concert at the Park.

Photobucket

August Rush is one of the modern musical films that I would love to watch over and over again.
This is the film that I would cherish for years. It has a great impact in me. I don't know why. I think it's the story and the beautiful music. I really love this film so much.

Photobucket

Highly Recommended!!!!

Photobucket

RATING : 5 / 5 *

No comments: