Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SCARED TO DEATH

THE ORPHANAGE (LA ORFANATO)

Photobucket

Watch the trailer:



1 ,2,.3, knock on wood!
While I am writing this review my hair on my arms and nape are actually rising.

It's because of “The Orphanage”.
I'm warning you this film is really scary!!!!!!!!Super scary!!!!

Photobucket

This is a Spanish film and it was produced by Guillermo del Toro who also brought us Pan's Labyrinth.
Anyway, if you enjoyed the Oscar winning film from him, well, you won't be disappointed with his take on“The Orphanage”.

The scary moments are gonna be revealed after the first half of the film. Just always remember the first scene “1,2,3 Knock on Wood”. That kid's game is still bugging me everytime I go to sleep.You may be bothered about reading subtitles throughout the film. Don't worry coz the flow of the story is not that boring. The screenplay is really good. It has an enigmatic flavor like “CSI meets The Da Vinci Code”. The 2 actors playing the main characters Laura & Simon are really amazing. Belen Rueda is phenomenal and Roger Princep is promising.They portrayed their roles with cleverness especially Belen Rueda. You can really attach yourself with her character. She is marvelous coz she pulled me out of nowhere to participate in the film and just scared me to death. It was an intense experience. You'll need a glass of water!

Photobucket

Don't expect some bloody and rotting zombies that you always see in some Asian horror films. No No No.This is really different. Think of “The Others” starring Nicole Kidman. Yup, they have similarities and they both have equal scary meter.

Photobucket

Of course the twist is really unexpected! NICE ONE! I was shocked!
I didn't expect it honestly.

Wanna be scared and at the same time be amazed with the direction, cinematography, acting, sound & editing of the film?

Photobucket

Then try to spend a night in “The Orphanage'!!!! Mingle with the orphans if you dare!
One of the best scary films I've seen in years.

Guess what? Hollywood remake is on the way!
I'm also excited!

Highly Recommended!!!!

RATING: 5 / 5 *

No comments: