Monday, February 9, 2009

CRY ME A RIVER

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com 436598_1020_A

Just last week a socialite bitch I mean a female chihuahua made me cry. I really thought that it would be the last effusion for me because of a dog. And here comes Marley, an incorrigible labrador who brings topsy-turvydom to a happy family. We've seen movies like this before but Marley & Me proves to be different. Buzz off Chloe, Beethoven and Lassie, coz Marley has come to ruin our day. Ruin in a good way I mean like tugging your heart.

Based on the true story, John Grogan – a reporter in Florida tries to begin his career and new marriage to Jennifer. As they locate into the new house and new life, John is advised by his philandering bachelor pal, Sebastian, to put off her from wanting kids by bringing a dog into their lives. Now, they have the worst, most rambunctious, most overly energetic dog in the world, Marley. Can they teach the dog to behave?

photo_22_hires

At first saw of the teaser, I had no intentions of watching it. I'm not really a fan of Owen and Aniston. I wasn't able to watch the full trailer on the big screen and I didn't even look at Youtube either. Last Friday, a friend of mine cajoled me to watch “Marley and Me”. He knows that I'm a tear jerky. I'm really shallow when it comes to dog drama movies. Indeed, I didn't saw it coming. Unruly tears were overflowing from eyes. I couldn't help it. I wanted to control it but it's just so emotional to watch the life of Marley and his family.

photo_10_hires

The first half of the film features non-stop hilarious scenes courtesy of Marley. It's fun to see the couple struggling the robustious behavior of the dog. You will be smiling most of the time. Even if you're a dog lover, Marley can wrench your gut and scream like you're watching a horror movie. This dog is super higgledy-piggledy. But wait when the drama comes because for the first time in your life I think a dog can deepen your perspective. Marley knows how to chisel my heart. Hu hu hu...cry Jishcand cry. Let it cry. I hate you Marley you made cry like a baby again. This is directed by David Frankel who also showed us the wicked fashion in The Devil Wears Prada. In this film, Frankel shows what is the verisimilitude inside a home of an ordinary American family with a pet like Marley.

photo_15_hires

Owen Wilson does a magnificent job as John but no conversion happened actually. I'm still not a fan. I don't hate him at all. Jennifer Aniston is terrific as Jennifer. Same name? Her age is showing but she looks hot as well. The kids are also good in their small roles. Most of all, hats off to all the labradors in the movie. They are really amazing “dog-actors”. Kudos to the trainers.

photo_04_hires

Marley is a fighter. Right now, I wanna fight for this movie. I want you to watch Marley and Me. Experience something lachrymose. Of course, this is not an award-winning movie to be applauded at the Oscars. But its significance to other dog movies is truly honest. Valentines day is really coming. I think this is the perfect movie for the family. Love your family. Love your pet. I think I sound a little bit cheesy? Well, blame this dog named Marley.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments: