Friday, June 6, 2008

EXPLOSIVE WUXIA FIGHTERS!

SHADOWLESS SWORD aka SUPERFIGHTERS

Photobucket



When Superfighters was released here in the Philippines last March 12 2008, I had no idea that time about this movie. The title was cheesy and the promotional poster is not that appealing. What's wrong with the local distributor about changing the original title? This is a 1995 South Korean Film called Shadowless Sword. C'mon the original title sounds appealing and intriguing to me. If they retained the
that title, possibly I should be watching this. I'm so glad to find the DVD of this coz I read rave reviews about this film and I became enthusiastic.

Photobucket

I'm not goin to talk about Superfighters! Duh. This is Shadowless Sword.

This is a traditonal wuxia film. Balhae female warrior Soha played by the pulchritudunous Yoon So-Yi is sent out to find, protect and bring back the last remaining prince to the Balhae throne, Dae Jeong-hyeon played by Yi Seo-jin. He is not that good looking and hot but he is a good actor.

Photobucket

Their quest on coming home to Balhae is really amazing. Expect non-stop wuxia action! I was glued on my seat coz it's explosively impressive!

Photobucket

The fight scenes are really fun to watch. If you love Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The House of Flying Daggers, then Shadowless sword won't disappoint you. This won't bore you. My 2 year old nephew even enjoyed this one.

Yeah, some scenes are quiet bloody but the director has a unique style. I was shocked! It was great watching those blood! Better than Kill Bill. You better watch it!

Photobucket

I just can't take Soha's character out of my mind. She's unforgettable here. Her fight scenes are just awesome! I think the underwater scenes are just marvelous! Whew! So good! It's predictable but really enjoyable. If you love anime, I think they took some inspirations there.

Photobucket

The cinematography is quiet good. The music is “Crouching” inspired but I don't hate it.

The story is good but the script is not that award winning.

Acting-wise? The actors I must say really enjoyed doing their scenes.

Photobucket

Well, you better watch this. I guarantee you will love this.
This is simply SUPER!!!!!

RATING : 4.5 / 5 *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)