Thursday, June 5, 2008

THAT PRINCE IS SCORCHING!

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA : PRINCE CASPIAN


Photobucket





Photobucket

I admit that the first film is remarkable & memorable coz it was refreshing and the book is beloved so much. Prince Caspian is the sequel but it kinda loses its magical sparks. They totally lost it but thankfully to Prince Caspian coz he saves the film. Ben Barnes is totally hot!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here in “Prince Caspian” the Pevensies are back to Narnia after being summoned by Prince Caspian who needs help from them. Narnia is now ruined and the magical creatues are believed to be extinct..

Photobucket

The first quarter of the film is either boring or exciting. I'm confused with its flow. Some new characters are sprouting from out of nowhere and there were no character development at all. Good thing is that Prince Caspian has its name on the title coz you will really look out for his character but in the story it wasn't improved for him that well. I was even confused coz I didn't know that there was something goin' on between him and Susan. Huh?

Photobucket

Photobucket

The only lovable character aside from Prince Caspian is Reepicheep, the swashbuckling mouse, Eddie Izzard voiced him and he stole the show. He is totally remarkable!

Photobucket

The cinematography of the film is still grandiose but the production design is boring.
The music from Harry Gregson-Williams is unexpectedly dark but it was really suitable to the film. It is still lingering in my head. I wanna have the OST now!

Photobucket

The costume design for the Telmarines' army is really dark but have similarity with other designs. The make up is still impressive as the first film.

I still don't like the 4 kids. I don't know why? They are still weak actors for me.

Photobucket

Somehow, I think he film is made for boys. They really improved a lot on the battle scenes. Boys will enjoy every minute of it. It wasn't gory as Lord of the Rings but still good enough to satisfy one's fantasy about epic battle. I also that think the river scene in the latter part is perefectly done.
Great visual effects again! Of course this is the director's forte. Andrew Adamson is a genius in this genre.





The ending is kinda sad. The new song “ The Call” from Regina Spektor made for the film is so melancholic. Her voice is hainting and makes you wanna cry. Switchfoot also contributed a track and can be heard on the end credits called This is Home. I also love it.



Prince Caspian could be a success or a failure to those who loved the first film. I kinda enjoyed it but just didn't love it that much. I only love the prince honestly. He rocks!!!

Photobucket


RATING : 3.5 / 5 *

No comments: