Tuesday, June 10, 2008

KUNG FU-NNY: PANDA-EMONIOM

KUNG FU PANDA

Photobucket



At last! Dreamworks finally unleashed their best Animation film so far. Kung Fu Panda is the most awesome animation I've enjoyed from them yet. I love the first Shrek but this one totally eclipsed it.

Kung Fu Panda tells a story about Po : a big fat lazy panda in China who loves “kung fu” all his life.
I must say that Jack Black is the perfect actor to voice Po. He is amazing. You gotta love the man!
Po's charater is simply the best. You wish you have an enormous stuff Po toy right away after watching this film.

Photobucket

What's amazing about Kung Fu Panda is the story. Even though it's 100% predictable however it promises non-stop kung fu action mixed with American jokes which is a good thing coz it's freakin' hilarious! I admit I had a boisterous laugh inside the cinema. The kids are laughing so hard as expected surprisingly teens and adults were having a good guffaw too. It was a pandaemonium that day!

Photobucket

This is an eye-candy animation. The CGI animation is marvelous and Pixary.

Photobucket

Some notable scenes for me are the “selection of the Dragon Warrior in Jade Palace”, Po's initiation,
Po's kung fu training with Master Shifu, The Furous 5 vs Tai Long at the hanging bridge and of course
Po versus Tai Long.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Besides Black's awesome voice talent I must say that Dustin Hoffman as Shifu totally rocks! Angelina is really roaring as Tigress. Lucy Liu is sweet as Viper. She's a lovely venomous snake. Jacke got the “and” billing at the end credits but his voice wasn't that palpable in the film. I think he only has 3 lines.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the original score. It's Chinese inspired. The soothing music kinda reminds me of Survivor China, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Mulan. You can really feel China just by listening to the music of Hans Zimmer and John Powell.

Photobucket

I already knew that Sam Concepcion was chosen to sing the themesong “Kung Fu Fighting” for the local release. Damn! I thought it was a “gay version”. I even suffered this so called LSS (last song syndrome) after leaving the cinema. His is voice is good and cute but not that effective for the movie.
Everybody is Kung Fu Fighting! By the way , I love their new style of end credits. Somehow, the traditional rolling credits was totally

Photobucket

Kung Fu Panda so far is the best Summer Movie for me.
You gotta see it to enjoy the Pandaemonium !


RATING : 4.5 / 5 *

No comments: