Monday, June 2, 2008

PSSSTTT... I DIDN'T LOVE IT SO MUCH

Photobucket

Photobucket



I read from PEX forums that this is a lachrymose movie. I wasn't able to catch this during its theatrical run coz there was no hype even if this stars Hilary Swank & Gerard Butler.
I simply ignored this one.

The DVD is now out and a friend of mine lend his copy to me so that I could watch it and review.
I already hade an idea about this. At first I thought of a Ghost rip-off but this is really different.



This is a love story about Irishman Gerry Kennedy (Gerard Butler) and Holly (Hilary Swank). They are a happily married couple living in Manhattan. After Gerry died from a brain tumor, Holly received letters from him, written before he died, with tasks to complete to help ease her into her life without him.
With each letter, we see a part of their life together which is the basis for that task. We watch as Holly moves through her memories of their old life and adjusts to her life now. Holly has her two good friends, Sharon (Gina Gershon) and Denise (Lisa Kudrow), to help her along the way. It is a touching and funny story that takes her back to Ireland where she and Gerry first met.

Photobucket

The story started to become a bit exciting on the first letter sent to Holly.
Well, it's really touching maybe to some people out there but I wasn't moved at all.. I dunno.

Photobucket

There is no chemistry between Hilary & Gerard but they are quiet good here.
Hilary is such a great actress but she's not asking for an acting nomination here. She was just having fun.Gerard Butler simple grows on you. His machismo is simply striking.


There are scenes to laugh only if Liza Kudrow is there. She's really hilarious! Actually, she's a smart choice here.
Photobucket

Jeffrey Dean Morgan who plays Denny in Grey's Anatomy in Season 2. Remember him as Izzie's love patient? Well, if you want to see his sexy butt you may enjoy him here. He has a surprising role I may say.

Kathy Bates as the mother of Holly is commendable too.

After watching my favorite musical Once early this year, I started to love Ireland. Actually, I've been wanting to visit there coz I'm a huge fan of The Corrs. Ireland is the love setting in this movie.
It's a beautiful and refreshing country to stay.

I didn't love this movie so much coz I didn't cry. I was expecting to shed tears at least. I don't know why there was no effect on me. Some people are saying that they were crying watching this but I didn't get it. No tears for me at all.

Actually, this is just your average romantic comedy.
You may watch this if you have time but you can spare this one.
I'd rather watch Ghost again.

RATING : 2.5 / 5 *

No comments: