Thursday, June 7, 2007

THE FUTURISTIC HARRY POTTER WITHOUT THE SCAR & THE WAND.


MEET THE ROBINSONS


I finally met the Robinsons!!!!


After two months of waiting, I finally met the futuristic family. To make it more appropriate we had our rendezvous at Robinsons Pioneer. I called it “Meet the Robinsons at Robinsons”. What a wonderful bumpy ride!!!!


I just didn’t like the late showing of this animated film. The wait is over and I finally saw the young wizard of the future named Lewis and his Robinsons’ family.” Meet the Robinsons” tells the story of Lewis- a bright & creative bespectacled 12-year old orphan just like my fav wizard Harry Potter. The movie is set in 2037 and 2007. I won’t dig too much on the plot coz I really want you to watch this. I believe that the trailer wasn’t that promising. Walt Disney Animations trailers are always like that. However, they always surprise us when we are already watching ‘em ……. and even wet our eyes in the end. Did I cry? Yeah, just like a kid.


This is not from Pixar by the way. Don’t fret coz this is truly Pixar-inspired. Same magnificent CGI !!!As in maganda talaga!


What I really love here is the twist! There is a twist in Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban and this film that stars Paul Walker called “Timeline”. Both pictures had this back and forth space-time continuum, a snappy twist which is also present in this film. I just can’t help myself on that particular scene. I wept and I was truly inspired.Keep moving forward!!!!
By the way, Rob Thomas performed the theme “Little Wonders”. It was played on the film while I was crying. Danny Elfman, one of my fav music composers also contributed the score. Indeed, he is a genius in music!


Please have a tryst with the Robinsons. It’s worth the wait!!!!!


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!

No comments: