Tuesday, June 12, 2007

GRIFFIN & PHOENIX’S ANATOMY


GRIFFIN & PHOENIX


I wasn’t able to catch the theatre run of this film coz there was no hype and word of mouth. I wasn’t that enthusiastic to watch it that time. The video is out so I finally met Griffin & Phoenix.
Ok, those names remind me of Hogwarts. This isn’t a fantasy film ok? This is a love story. Romance film. Griffin & Phoenix is a poignantly funny love story about two people who face a seemingly insurmountable obstacle that may stand between them and a last chance at love.
Honestly, there were no “kilig” moments at all. I thought that this was a drama film but I didn’t cry considering that this film tackles about cancer. I even prepared my hanky but it was useless.
Although. there were “touching” moments but not enough to wet my eyes. I just felt so bad on the conditions of the main characters. Amanda Peet (Identity) was believable on her scenes. Dermot Mulroney (My Best Friend’s Wedding) was convincing to portray a divorced father of 2 and a cancer victim.
The movie was obviously low-budgeted. However, the director was good. The film was filmed entirely in New York & they really showed how beautiful the city is!!! I saw a clean & peaceful Big Apple.


The only thing I love while watching this is the soundtrack! If you are huge fan of Grey’s Anatomy then you know the style. They featured some cool and very unfamiliar songs. I never heard some of the songs but the moment I heard them? Wow!!! I fell in love with ‘em immediately.


The soundtrack actually saved this film!

No comments: