Sunday, June 3, 2007

COLD CASE MEETS VINTAGE CSI?


ZODIAC


I am a huge fan of CSI & COLD CASE and I think this Zodiac film is not quiet comparable to these TV series. Hey, don’t fret coz Zodiac is meticulously crafted.


This is from the director of Panic Room & Fight Club, 2 unforgettable brutal movies by David Fincher. This time his direction is quiet incongruous, a very soft film. I don’t know why the film is too long. No action scenes to grip. This is what you called a loquacious film. More on a procedural thriller and newspaper drama but I still like it! Just don’t love it though. If you are patient enough then probably you will appreciate its approach. Patience is badly needed while watching this.


Anyway, Zodiac doesn’t offer high-tech crime scene investigations so don’t expect CSI Las Vegas/Miami/NY scenes neither Cold Case flashback pictures. Don’t also anticipate star signs like Leo, Gemini, Virgo, etc to have major parts here. Zilch! LOL!


I must say that the magnificent CGI cinematography amazed me. The troika of Jake Gylenhaal, Mark Rufallo & Robert Downey Jr. is believable. I can see the enthusiasm in their acting.
I recommend that you should watch this on DVD with correct subtitles instead. I read that the video will be released next month.


Since the film is based on true events, I just hate the injustice I saw on that era.I really want to punish that Zodiac serial killer and put him in a gas chamber while being electrocuted in an electric chair. Too harsh? Watch this and you’ll feel the same.Good luck.

No comments: