Wednesday, November 21, 2007

EVER AFTER ON MCDREAMYLAND

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

“Enchanted” for me is the sweetest & cutest modern fairy tale I’ve ever seen in a coon’s age.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh I love the new princess created by Disney. Giselle already belongs to the group of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the rest of the lovely princesses from Disneyland. This time the enchanting princess found her true love in McDreamyland.
How lovely to see their sweet & enthralling “ever after”.

Amy Adams is a perfect choice for Giselle. She is an Academy Award nominee and she naturally possessed the charm of a lovely princess. Her singing voice is truly sweet and magnificent. You will love her. When I first saw Amy Adams in “Catch me If You Can” I knew from the start that she will shine someday. Now her she is captivating the whole world!
The character of Giselle is like a combination of Snow White, Cinderella & Sleeping Beauty.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Then there’s our modern Prince Charming McDreamy. Patrick Dempsey aka Dr. Shepard is still McDreamy. He plays the role of single father with a little girl. He is the most alluring and sexiest father ever. There’s something in his eyes that makes you dreamy. Oh he is hot in Grey’s Anatomy but he is more scorching when he is wholesome and a charming gentleman. I bet the ladies will love him more here.

Great acting from Susan Sarandon & James Marsden by the way!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The story is basically a modern fairy tale. If you saw the trailer then you know the synopsis already. It’s really predictable but I don’t care! The royal voice of Julie Andrews was heard at the start because she narrated the story. I love the “pop-up effects” animation coz it’s effective for the kids. They will love it.
Watching “Enchanted” is like being told a story while you’re in bed ready to slumber.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You know what? Watching the first 10 minutes of this film made me laugh coz I remember watching classic Disney animations. I missed the old school animations. Hollywood is now into 3D CGI films I just hope Disney will make a full-length of traditional animation again.

This film is created to melt our heart (in my case) just by listening to the songs composed by the magnificent tandem of Stephen Schwartz & Alan Menken. These guys also brought us immortal songs and score from The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas etc.. I love the new songs. Prince Edward & Princess Giselle’s song “True Love’s Kiss is undeniably the “hook” of the movie. It’s really magical. I think you will also like the groovy and funny “Happy Working Song” by Amy Adams. Then there’s a truly amazing song “That’s How You Know” also from her. It really brought the house down! I love the choreography of the song in Central Park.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Awesome! Of course there must be a ballad! Well, Jon McLaughlin’s So Close is perfect for the night. His song is quiet nostalgic but it’s mellifluous. Then here comes the song I’ve been waiting to hear for months. Billboard/ AMA/Grammy Award Winner, Multiplatinum Artist & my all time American Idol Carrie Underwood performed the theme song “Ever, Ever After”. I already love it! It’s a catchy country/pop song. I’m so glad they let her sing the theme song. Carrie is now part of the Disney family. I just can’t wait to buy the OST.


WATCH THE MUSIC VIDEO

So what are you waiting for??? Bring the whole family this weekend and watch it together.
You will laugh, maybe cry, and I guarantee that you will cherish the songs. This is truly a magical film for everyone.


WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: