Monday, December 31, 2007

CONTROVERSY & REALITY

Photobucket

I wasn’t planning to watch the sequel of this Juday-Ryan movie.
Honestly, I despised the first one. I find KKK a bit hammy.
Maybe because of Gina Pareno’s character and I think maybe the SRO crowd
in Megamall irked me.

Surprisingly in Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo I had a marvelous cinema experience. Thanks to Getzmo & MMDA for the free tickets. I watched this film in Podium. So posh!


I usually sit at the front row. I love to be near the screen. I want a full view with no distractions .The sequel opens with the real life sweetheart Judy Ann Santos & Ryan Agoncillo facing difficulties taking care of their baby, Rafa.

I really enjoyed the sweet bickering of the two in the film. It’s the reality to some Filipino couples.The chemistry between them is just so perfect.
Juday is a strong contender for Best Actress.
Last year I was rooting for Ryan to get the trophy but this time I’m not just rooting coz I strongly believe that he will win! Of course, there will be judges and I hope they will consider his superb acting.

You know what I prepared myself for Gina Pareno’s character. I really hate her in KKK.
It is amazing coz I like her this time. This multi-awarded actress is simply awesome.
What a striking supporting performance! She will win. No doubt about it.
Her lines are perfect for an unexpected guffaw.

Kudos to Joey Javier Reyes for his brilliant direction and a hilarious cameo role.
Reyes showed us a beautiful picture.
Every frame of the film is exhilarating with simplicity that captures an enigmatic pulchritude.
I love the Barcelona shots!

Another remarkable thing about SSS is the editing. Vito Cajili did the job. I couldn’t forget his wonderful editing in Jologs. Remember his style? He is amazing.

There is a huge controversy lately about SSS. What’s my opinion?
I’m an Ormocanon but I am not affected that much. I don’t speak Cebuano at home or in my work but I can understand it. I still respect the vernacular patois coz my folks are still using it.So the issue will only hurt if a person is sensitive with ethnic slurs. The writer just didn’t realize that it will create an issue.
The only disturbing thing for me is how they palpably poked fun to Bronson, the English speaking half-brother of Judy Ann in the film. Making fun of physical appearance is not a funny side act to me at all. It is just wrong.
I must say Bronson rocks!!!!! He stole the show!

By the way, I’m just curious about the PLDT Residential Directory in Spain’s hotel.
What’s it doing in there? Are these always present in every hotel in the world?

Sakal, Sakali, Sakloko is a great feel-good movie that you can watch again on a boring day. I strongly agree with its RATED A Approval.
I smell future awards.
I think I also smell a sequel.
Enjoy the film!

Photobucket

RATING : 4 /5 *

No comments: