Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A CUDDLY & IMAGINATIVE HORTON!

HORTON HEARS A WHO!

Photobucket



First we fell in love with Scrat in Ice Age.
Then in Robots, Rodney just amazed us with his wonderful inventions.
In this new film from Blue Sky, Horton rocks the cinema!!!!

This is the film adaptation of Dr. Seuss's book of the same name. I'm not familiar with it.
Anyway, I think this is better that The Grinch, a film about Whoville and it stars Jim Carrey.
This time Jim voiced the main character named Horton.

Photobucket

The film is really funny. Horton is a lovable character. He could be a perfect stuffed toy to play with.
Jim Carrey is an amazing actor. He is awesome. The jokes were delivered flawlessly. I was laughing so hard. Jim Carrey's humor is still on the top of my list. In addition, Steve Carell is reunited with Jim again. Steve voiced Ned McDodd the mayor of Whoville. Their first movie was the blockbuster Bruce Almighty. They were both funny there. Here, oh God they're just freakin hilarious! The voices they gave to the characters are just marvelous!

Photobucket

Photobucket

What's amazing about Horton is that he is an imaginative elephant in the jungle of Nool. He is a great teacher to the kids. I love the kids! So cute. There are so many hilarious parts that makes Horton so cuddly. I think I'm in love with Horton already.

Photobucket

I'm also surprised to hear Jesse McCartney's voice again. He is Jojo here, the silent and mysterious son of the mayor of Whoville.

Photobucket

The antagonist is a surprising character to me. I didn't expect a kangaroo to be that bad. It was astonishing. Maybe because Carol Burnett did a good job here! She's legendary!

Photobucket

Blue Sky's CGI animation is not that great for me . It's not that bad either. Pixar is still the leader in this genre. I love the colors in this film but they're not that Pixary for me.

Photobucket

The story is really wonderful. It teaches the kids and adults moral lesson.

I love their Whospoofs by the way. They have Whospace, Whophone etc. just be vigilant coz they are not that palpable.

This is the first film of 2008 that I really enjoyed the most so far. I really love this one!

RATING : 5 / 5 *

No comments: