Saturday, May 3, 2008

THANKS GOD THIS IS NOT AN EPIC MOVIE SEQUEL!

MEET THE SPARTANS

Photobucket



Last year, Epic Movie was the worst movie for me.
When Meet The Spartans was released here, I wasn't planning to
watch it. It never occurred to me to spend my dough on this coz I thought that this
is just a sequel to Epic Movie.

I read some user reviews that this is better than Epic Movie.
Ok the DVD was released so I gave it a shot.

Photobucket

I wa shocked coz the first scenes are funny!
Oh my Gosh I couldn't believe that I was really laughing!
The story is a spoof on “300”.

Photobucket

It's really funny to see the painted abs from the spartans.

Along the way, some product placements can be seen. Well, I don't get them. Maybe it's funny for the US viewers.

Photobucket

But the moment they ridiculed American Idol, Deal or No Deal, Dancing With The Stars and America's Next Top Model, hey I like it even more. The dancing part was a bit lenghty. It was boring after 2 minutes.

Photobucket

I like the Sanjaya part. I was also shocked to see the infamous “Leave, Britney Alone” Youtube sensation. It was hilarous. Poor Paris, Britney & Lindsay Lohan are spoofed too.

Photobucket


Sean Maguire is really good as well as Carmen Elektra. She's the worst supporting actress to date but she's quiet awesome here. Hey, she's hot you know!

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you get what they're trying to humor then good for you. I get their jokes. I find some jokes in the movie a bit funny.At least this is not boring anymore like Epic Movie.

Give it a try but don't expect a best spoof like Scary Movie 1.
This is just OK.
Quiet OK.
Not really that Good OK.
You know what I mean.

RATING : 2.5 / 5 *

No comments: