Monday, May 26, 2008

HE'S BACK! DR. JONES IS REALLY BACK!!!

INDIANA JONES & KINGDOM THE CRYSTAL SKULL

Photobucket



Dr. Jones! Dr. Jones calling Dr Jones!!!!
Now I understand why “Aqua” is singing about him.
The man is really awesome and unbelievably an adventurous smart man!
I fell in love again with the cool and funny Henry Jones Jr aka Indiana Jones.

Photobucket

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of him. I was still young when Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of the Doom and The Last Crusade was released in the big screen. I've seen the 3 though and I enjoyed them.
Now with the magic & technology of the new millennium Indiana Jones is back again to entertain us!

There was a huge hype about this film by Steven Spielberg and Star Wars Lord George Lucas. When I first saw the trailer I became so enthusiastic to watch this already. I love the opening credits coz it's really classic.

Photobucket

The introduction of a codger Indiana Jones is not really a surprise after all. I love it coz Mr. Harrison Ford is not that young anymore but he is still sexy and charming.

Photobucket

The selfish villain Irina Spalko portrayed by Oscar winner Cate Blanchett is not that bad. Cate is totally marvelous with her Russian accent. Gosh, I love her! I love her hairstyle. She's amazing in every scene in the film. You wont hate her that much though but “hats off” to Blanchett's wonderful acting.

Photobucket

The only spice for the youngsters is the inclusion of the next best superstar! My idol “Shia LeBeouf”!
I love him in Disturbia and Transformers and blew me away once again here! Shia is just amazing! Oh Gosh he is so cuddly. I love his comb in the film. He's hilarious. He has a lot to offer as the Next Indian Jones. Ooopsss! They are honing him obviously for the sequel. He is good to watch to all the action scenes he did. Some fight scenes are far-fetched though. It was enjoyable but just hilarious in a wrong way. Dis you know that Shia was Spielberg's first and only choice for the role? Oh I love him!!!

Photobucket

Karen Allen's also reprised her role as Marion Ravenwood. She's funny!
Beowulf is also here. I mean the man who voiced the animated hero courtesy of Ray Winstone. He is good.


Photobucket

Spielberg's gang brothers are always present in his recent films. I'm not surprised to hear John Williams' music again. He composed the theme and made a new score aslo for this film. He is a genius. Michael Kahn is Spielberg's editor again. He did a good job. The costumes are really incongruous to the time .It's perfect. Thanks to Janusz Kaminski for his splendid cinematography. I love the aerial shots of the Amazon. The production design is jaw-dropping! Wow! I was speechless when I noticed the flawless design of the sets they made. Gosh.. so great. The visual effects? It's an Oscar-winning material! So extraordinary!!!

Photobucket

I wasn't bored watching the length of the film. The actions scenes are thrilling.Non-stop adrenaline rush is the Spielberg's offering here.

Photobucket

Spoilers below:

But........ when the twist was revealed at the latter part. I was ambivalent about it. Oh cmon.... why did they include it. This is not The X-Files! I didn't like the inclusion of aliens and a spaceship. I didn't expect it. I was shocked! Why? Then I realized oh yeah Spielberg's obsession about the Third Kind. Fine this is his masterpiece. I'm willing to forgive him. I made a research about the crystal skulls later on and yeah... they are about aliens. Oh Gosh... I'm still ambivalent about the supernatural twist. Is it good or bad in the film? It's up to you to swallow the twist.

Photobucket

Anyway, yeah, I enjoyed it anyway. I'm still recommending it for the non-stop fun.

It's a nice blockbuster film which is perfect for the summer!!!!


RATING: 4 / 5 *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Rocking movie "Indiana Jones". When my friend was explaining about the movie i didn’t believed, but when i have seen his adventures i was really shocked. I am enthusiastic to watch the movie once again. This is the best costume designing made by Eastern toys. Now every one can enjoy this on the new world www.easterntoys.com.