Tuesday, September 25, 2007

ONE MAN SHOW IN 1408

1408




WATCH THE TRAILER

Oh my God I didn’t expect this to be astonishing!

1408 is one of the best horror movies I have seen in a few years.
This is not your usual bloody gory, gross movie full of unreasonable gore.
This movie is all about the rising of your hair on your nape and maybe your arms.
Oh God I have goose bumps watching some scenes in the movie.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



This is a one man show. Kudos to John Cusack!!! He nailed it down. He is an amazing actor often ignored by the Academy. Since this is a horror blockbuster I think he will be shunned again. Poor John. If you are a fan of Samuel L. Jackson, you will be disappointed coz he only appears here for 5 -8 minutes screen time. Yeah, it’s a cameo role for him but he was creepy!

The reason why I like this is because it’s from Stephen King! He knows how to keep the suspense and make the story unpredictable. Honestly, I was perplexed during the first half! I was punchy… about how come? Is this for real???
I even covered my mouth and utter "hell I didn’t expect that!”. If you love to scream and scream and scream… I’m sorry but 1408 is not a shriek feast flick. I guarantee that there will be some brief astounding moments but even kids can take it. Remember this is a PG-13 horror flick. It means a horror film for the kids too. OK?

The best thing in 1408 is the production design. What’s inside the f**king room is remarkable! Great depiction of the novel! I love it!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Swedish Director Mikael Hafstrom did a good job too after that dreadful “Derailed”he directed starring Jennifer Aniston.

Hey did you know that there is an alternate ending? What we saw in the theatres I think was the producer’s cut. Everybody hates it! Me too! But…. I already saw the director’s cut and I must say that his ending is hunky-dory and more sensible.

Where did I see it? I won’t tell you but the DVD will be released in the US this Oct. 2.

So better grab a copy and find out the alternate ending in the Director’s cut.

No comments: