Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Cutest Sleuth In Town

NANCY DREW


Photobucket

She could be the teen female version of Robert Langdon or Sophie Neveu.
She could be Hermione as well.
She could be the teen Catherine Willows from CSI Las Vegas.
She could be the teen Stella Bonasera from CSI New York.

Meet the cutest sleuth in town!!!! My new crush: NANCY DREW!
I love her!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Honestly, the trailer isn’t that promising. This film received mixed reviews in the US. There was a weak-word-of-mouth there. Why did I watch this? Coz I am fascinated with the Nancy Drew mystery novels and I love Emma Roberts. She was in Aquamarine as Jojo’s Bestfriend. Well, of course she is Julia Robert’s niece too. Definitely, she’s a pretty woman as well.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This film is not for everybody. Adventurous youngsters will love this absolutely!
Some teens may love this. Some popcorn-flick lovers will despise this… maybe.
I am in my 20’s now but I love this film. There’s something here that tickles my heart.

I won’t spoil the story but this is all about crime-solving mystery done in a cute girlish way. You know pa-tweetums. Because that’s Nancy Drew! There are some mild violence and tolerable explosion. Very cute! Please bear with the director’s subtle touch.

I was astonished to see a cameo role from a “Die Hard Actor”. Yeah, Bruce Willis is here. That was a cute scene from him. I was giggling. “She’s All That” Girl is here too. I missed Rachael Leigh Cook so much. Even though she’s playing a mother role you could still notice a mesmerizing pulchritude in her. By the way, watch out also for this kid who will be playing Ace Ventura Jr. soon. Jim Carrey’s rejected sequel. He is the porky Corky. I find him a bit vexatious on the big screen. Just my 2 cents.

Lastly, the OST saved the film. I love the songs being played as background music such as Come To California by Matthew Sweet, Perfect Misfit by Liz Phair, Pretty Much Amazing by Joanna, Looking For Clues by Katie Melua, Hey Nancy Drew by Chris Price, Dare by Gorillaz and Like A Star by Corinne Bailey Rae. I was wondering coz Emma Roberts is a chanteuse but she didn’t contribute a song in her launching film.
She has a song in Aquamarine OST and I like it.

Anyway, I hope you’ll be a part of Nancy Drew’s sleuthing. I joined with her and I enjoyed the cute adventure.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: