Sunday, September 16, 2007

DAUGHTRY: IT'S NOT REALLY OVER!





Honestly, I have this album by Chris Daughtry in a coon’s age. One week after the release I already bought it. Honestly some tracks didn’t grow on me that fast. I didn’t like it first. I don’t know why?
I was just only listening to It’s Not Over & Home. The rest of the tracks I simply ignored them.

The other night I decided to bring the CD to my work and I played it as my background music while working. Damn! I realized that night after listening to all the 14 tracks that this album is a Grammy-bait! The whole album was produced beautifully.

Chris Daughtry and his band have a long way to run!

“It’s not Over” was the 1st single, I love this song the moment I heard it. Even though the style reminds me of Nickelback it is still good. Some of the outstanding tracks are “Home”- a beautiful ballad. It’s a lachrymose song actually. The song also charted high in the charts.Then there’s another rock ballad “Over You”. Amazing track too. I also enjoy listening to Feels Like Tonight, Breakdown, There and back Again, All These Lives and What About Now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After Chris was booted out during the American Idol Top 4 night, I was shocked! I couldn’t believe it! But I became optimistic that it wasn’t the end of his career. I predicted that he would be the best-selling Idol on their season. Guess what? Their album was already certified 3x platinum goin 4x now. Where’s Taylor Hicks by the way? Im sorry Taylor coz Chris is the real American Idol. Of course Katharine McPhee too. I love them both.

Anyway, I highly recommend this debut album from Daughtry.

I predict that they will rake in nominations in next year’s Grammy.
Perhaps for BEST NEW ARTIST and maybe Song & Record of the year for “Home”.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I hope they win!
I am praying for it!