Sunday, January 25, 2009

OH YES!!! FIRST GUFFAW OF THE YEAR!

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com YesManPoster

Do you like Jim Carrey? YES? Do you watch all his movies? YES? Do you want to see his derriere while riding an alacritous Ducati ? YES? Do you like the music of Eels and Third Eye Blind? YES? Do you really love Harry Potter? YES? If you answered YES then you better say NO to Yes Man. The latest from Jim is yet another Hollywood feel-good movie. First I thought that this movie is just a whacky treat but surprisingly it is one of the best romantic comedy films in years. Do you always read my blog? NO? Then you missed one half of your life. Oh Jishcand ,seriously? Do you want to date me? YES? Nah... I'm taken. I think we should talk about this movie. YES?

photo_44_hires

Loosely adapted from the book by Danny Wallace, Carl is a divorced, middle-aged man in Los Angeles, who spends his days working as a junior loan approval officer in a ban, He is still depressed after his divorce two years ago and habitually avoids contact with everyone, including his best friend However, an encounter with an erstwhile friend convinces Carl to attend a seminar run by self-help guru Terence Bundley , where he's cajoled to alter his life by saying YES to everything that comes his way. But what are the consequences?

photo_03_hires photo_39_hires

The premise is somewhat crazy! However, it's pleasurable watching Carl nodding his head to every offer he gets. It's also excusable to really compare this to Liar Liar. Don't worry coz there's zilch to equate. Carl is a funny character and you will like him. The gags are fresh and I believe Jim's famous face contortions are still working on me. There are few guffaws in the movie and the scene that I truly love is when Jim is singing my favorite Third Eye Blind song called Jumper. Definitely, it's perfect for the scene and I even clapped inside the cinema coz I love that song. Fans of Harry Potter will be delighted to see lots of posters from the film. I'm a huge fan and I was really giggling looking at Jim wearing the wizard's costume. I wanna see Half-Blood Prince now. What's really amazing in the movie is the unexpected beautiful love story. The romance makes you smile. I feel good at the end. The movie makes me think about trying this philosophy on myself too. But all I get everyday is an indecent proposal. Should I say YES to all of them? I don't think so! Or let me cerebrate for a jiffy.

photo_27_hires

Oh my God his age is showing palpably but Jim Carrey is doing spectacular here. The energy is still there. I also adore him for doing the stunts himself. Jim is really perfect for this role. Zooey Deschanel is a lovely actress and she has a fantastic chemistry with Jim. They look excellent together as an eccentric twosome uncoerced to clasp opportunities life has to offer. Terence Stamp and Rhys Darby are quiet hilarious. But for me the hottest actor here is Bradley Copper who plays Carl's best buddy. He is cute and he is a charming man. Wanna see him more doing some drama.

photo_24_hires

If you have answered YES to the questions above except the last one, then you should watch “Yes Man”. This is a funny film but not as mirthful like Bruce Almighty. Actually, the best adjective is adventurous comedy. If you think Jim Carrey is not laughable then better skip this. If you think “Ang Tanging Ina N'yong Lahat” and “Iskul Bukol The Reunion” are your Best Pictures then you must not spend your dough on this movie. It might bore you coz unfortunately you are not the target audience. “Yes Man” works for me. I hope you'll say YES!

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com



Jumper - Third Eye Blind

No comments: