Saturday, January 17, 2009

OMFG!!! THEIR “SECOND TIME” IS COMING SOON!

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com Forthefirsttimeposter

Honestly, I was one of those who didn't care about the cross pairing of two hottest young stars from the two giant networks in our country last year. This February (the love month) , a new movie from them will also open in theaters. Obviously, I'm talking about Richard and KC. I read and heard negative reviews about their first film but I was also cajoled by some people to watch this coz they think I would enjoy it. Unfortunately, their cajoling powers sounded so fake and biased. I told myself that time to skip it and wait instead for the DVD. My feisty neighbor Inday luckily has a DVD (bootleg sad to say...). She wanted me to watch it ever since. Honestly after watching For The First Time, I felt so ashamed that Star Cinema produced this movie. One of the worst movies I've seen lately I must say.

According to their official website “For the First Time” follows the lives of two teenagers from very different worlds. Ehem ehem !!! Teenagers??? Hello??? Seth is a rich, impulsive playboy who runs away from serious relationships and doesn’t give much thought to the women he goes out with, and Pia, a prude, ambitious girl who feels responsible for the tragedy she once encountered, and with a scar to constantly remind her about this unfortunate experience. But when the two accidentally meet in Santorini, their differences did not stop them from spending one unforgettable summer together—that is until Seth runs away again, scared of the very unusual feeling that is happening within him.

richardkc

The premise is really cute but the script sucks!!! Forgive me for being straightforward. It's true! Most of the time, I was shaking my head watching the scenes of Seth & Pia. Here's a senseless thing, one moment Pia hates Seth so badly like hell She is cursing him to death coz he's a Lothario. Then the next day, she is so sweet with him. She lets him hold her hands, touch her silky hair , carry her upside down while farting his face and lastly kiss her. Then the next day, Seth is asking permission to court her??? What???? Who wrote this crap? There are far-fetched scenes too like that particular scene in Galileo restaurant. It's like they really wanted us to believe that it's just haphazard. They are actually thrusting the limits of plausibility. I'm also wondering why is it that there are too much outflows of drama from Seth & Pia like it's the end of their world considering that their relationship happens so quickly just in one day! The writer intentionally makes Pia a doltish character.

kc-richard-12

Direk Bb. Joyce Bernal seems so uninspired doing this movie. The intermittent change of color is palpable. Some scenes that includes heavy facial emotions from KC are blurred, hidden and hilariously in side view particularly the scene with Phillip Salvador in the hospital. The original theme song from Kenny Loggins has been remade by KC .I don't like her cheesy rendition. That song is being played in the movie like a hundred times. Sometimes with vocals, then afterwards in piano piece and then later on in acoustic guitar. I was even waiting for a ukulele or kulintang versions of it. The only thing I love here maybe is Greece. Bernal shows some heart melting scenes from Santorini which are really inviting.

More-Santorini-images

How's KC in her debut movie? She is just hunky-dory but she needs more acting workshop. She is impressive when it comes to lighter scenes but if it's in drama she looks awkward. I was cringing watching her raw acting. She is just reading the script with Eye-mo on her eyes. Richard Gutierrez hasn't improved ever since when it comes to drama. This dude is the Keannu Reeves of the Philippines. The emotion is forced and sometimes side-splitting. I think he is quiet good in Sigaw, The Promise and My Bestfriend's GF. Here, he is atrocious. Phillip Salvador is a miscast. Candy Pangilinan is not actually funny. I find her character a bit vexatious.

The big question now: should I watch their second movie this Valentines??? The answer is YES. But not on that special occasion. I will just wait for the DVD soon and I think Inday will lend it to me again. If you haven't seen For The First Time yet, better skip this and download instead the original song from Kenny Loggins.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com



Jishcands Theme (Zach Conflicted) - J. Peter Robinson

No comments: