Tuesday, February 12, 2008

EYEFUL FRIGHT

THE EYE

Photobucket


I'm still confused why some critics are considering this as a worst film.
This is not that bad. I have seen the original Thai film with the same title and I love it.
After watching it, I already have a fear of riding inside the elevator at night. That Asian horror is really scary.

Then Hollywood made a remake which stars the sexiest woman of FHM and soon to be mommy Jessica Alba. Honestly, I enjoyed this remake. I was scared. I was shocked. I was flabbergasted. The story is still the same. It's like the carbon copy of the Asian Horror except for the awesome sound and visual effects of Hollywood. That's the edge of the remake.

Photobucket


If you are goin to compare the terror of the original and this remake. I admit I was shouting on the first one especially in the elevator scene. I think that was the only highlight in that film. I like the remake coz they have added some scary scenes which is absent from the original. The black shadows this time is disturbing. I have goosebumps every time they appear on the screen.

Photobucket

I admit Jessica is not a good actress but cmon she tried her best. She wasn't that bad at all. I like her.
In some scenes, they made her ugly and she's not Jessica anymore. She's improving a bit. Give her a chance!

Photobucket


If you haven't seen the Thai film, I bet that you'll be scared here.

Photobucket

The reason why I like “The Eye" is because of the story. The script is not sopredictable and it's really haunting.

When it comes to direction, I love the style of the Pang Brothers. Too bad they didn't direct the remake.

This is a perfect film for scaredy-cat teens. I enjoyed listening and joining to the screams of the juvies inside the Dolby cinema. It was a memorable experience for me.


WATCH THE TRAILER

No comments: