Wednesday, February 20, 2008

NO COUNTRY FOR OSCAR'S RACE

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

Photobucket

Oscar Awards is coming already. The front runner “No Country for Old Men' is not yet being shown in the Philippines so I have no choice but to borrow the screener's copy from a friend.

wallpaper3_1024x768
The film opens with such a grandiose cinematography. I said to myself hands down to the director of photography. Roger Deakins will win here no doubt about it. It's really beautiful. So beautiful!
Photobucket
At first, I felt so uneasy coz it started so slow. It was a bit boring. But the moment Javier Bardem's character Anton Chigurh was introduced the intensity has already started and fear will cover you as the film goes on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the first time that I was scared so much. Some horror/gory films just can't creep me out but not this one. The film is not only creepy but it's disturbingly scary. Hats off to Snape I mean Anton Chigurh. His hairstlye reminds me of Snape. Ha ha ha! Javier Bardem is the sure shot to win the Supporting Role. Oh God I will kill the voters if he won't bag that statuette.
Photobucket
Josh Brolin also did good but not enough to convince an award consideration. I'm not familiar with Josh honestly. I recently bought the DVD of The Goonies. It's an old movie produced by Steven Spielberg. You know what Josh is there and he is still young and yummy. He is still hot right now maybe if he's naked. He he he.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tommy Lee Jones is just fine. Kelly McDonald? Wow she can really act and still look so charming. I remember her from Nanny McPhee.
Hats off to the remarkable direction! The Coens Brothers have been faithful to the novel. There are a lot of silent scenes in the film and these will haunt you The only thing that worth complaining is the fucking ending! What? That's it??? Are you serious? Is that the end? C'mon are you crazy to end a best picture like this? You will complain when you see the credits rolling but afterwards you will realize that it is really a classic masterpiece after all.
Photobucket
Of all the 5 films contending for BEST PICTURE, this is my 2nd bet. Atonement is still my 1st bet but Juno is the dark horse in the race.
For technical awards, expect No Country For Old Men to rake in many Oscars.
But I can predict that this will WIN for BEST PICTURE!!!!!!!

RATING : 4.5 /5 *

No comments: