Thursday, July 17, 2008

A DARK MASTERPIECE

THE DARK KNIGHT

hr_Posters_2

When The Dark Knight's teaser was released last year I immediately pondered why they omitted the iconic name of “Batman”. It's really an enigmatic title for the sequel of “Batman Begins” coz you'll have questions about the persona about our dark hero. Any dark secrets to reveal maybe? There was also too much hype about this film coz of Heath Ledger's demise. He is also the reason why I anticipated this film I truly missed Ledger in the big screen after Brokeback Mountain. It's just too sad that this would be his last picture. Indeed he is amazingly remarkable and definitely a sure shot in the next year's Oscar's race for Best Supporting Role.

photo_46_hires

I think this film totally slapped all the recent superhero films.

Don't expect a popcorn film coz it ain't popping cheesy script.

Don't expect shallow acting too coz you'll see performances you won't forget.

Don't worry if it's too dark coz after the last word you hear in the film you'll feel great.

The Dark Knight truly the best Batman film yet.

photo_12_hires

What's amazing about The Dark Knight is not only the gorgeous visual effects and thunderous sound in a Dolby Cinema. These are somehow eclipsed by the stunning cast. The story written by the Nolans also helps the film to let you stay and endure the longevity of the film. I watched this with only 4 hours of sleep. I work at night but I woke up a bit early to catch up the 3:40pm screening in Megamall. There were times that I was kinda soporific inside the cinema but thanks to Ledger's character I totally prevailed my somniferous state. Joker had awaken my senses that afternoon.Everytime that he shouts and laughs, it creeps me out! He is the perfect villain to fear. He is so bothersome. I love Heath's lizard-like tongue slurp. His eyes are so demonic. Amazing Heath!

photo_17_hires

Christian Bale is somehow quiet but he is still an awesome Batman. Harvey Dent aka Two-Face played by Aaron Eckhart surprised me in a big way. He also got the same screen time together with Bale and Ledger and he also stands out. I couldn't believe that this is the same guy I saw in Erin Brockovich. Wow!

photo_28_hires

Maggie Gyllenhaal I must say lets you forget that she's playing the role played previously by Katie Holmes. She looks like Katie in some angles but her acting is no Katie at all. Maggie truly deserves a nod her. Gary Oldman also reprises his role as Jim Gordon and still managed to attract the audience. Even if Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine have an ample screen time, you would still appreciate them.

photo_32_hires

Director Christopher Nolan did an excellent job. This is a Nolan's masterpiece again I must say. I hope he will be nominated here.

There are really disturbing scenes that involves the cruelty of Joker. Watching those scenes is a bit exhausting. It's too nail-biting for me.

photo_38_hires

I just wanna complain 2 things. I read that the teaser of Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince will also premiere together with this film but there was zilch. I hate it when you expect something and they didn't show it! Crap! Then gosh.... what are they doing??? Those watchers in Megamall are so obnoxious. They are roaming around inside the cinema so often that they totally disturb your watching. I knew that they are looking for suspicious people who are cam cording the film. Oh cmon! Before I enter the cinema I was already frisked and my bag was inspected too as well as the others. I chose a seat near the front row coz I love to watch near the screen but that doesn't mean that they should be interfering my concentration by walking in front of me flashing their lights from time to time. You didn't see me doing something illegal at first but why were you checking me more than 20 times. Those watchers are totally annoying I just wanna kill them! To SM Management don't do this again. It is really unsatisfying. Well, I won't be watching there again.Fuck you!

Anyway, I'm planning to watch this again with my friends in other friendly cinemas in the Metro. I hope you'll spend a time too with the dark knight. This film may not be humorous but it is purely amorous.

photo_43_hires Totally recommended!

RATING : 5 / 5*

No comments: