Friday, July 11, 2008

IN-3D-BLE JOURNEY BUT SO CORNY.

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D Summer 2008

Am I allowed to say that this movie sucks just a little bit?

I wasn't planning to watch this ahead of Mamma Mia but the musical film that I've been waiting for months is on guaranteed seating in theaters everywhere. I came in late for the time that I planned for Mamma Mia. Instead, I had no volition but to watch this film or maybe Hancock? But Josh Hutcherson is here in the movie so I clearly chose Journey to whatever in the Earth coz I've been following his films from the start. Josh is my other fav young actor next to Freddie Highmore.

photo_09_hires

The trailer of this movie is really promising. This is a 3D film but there's only one cinema in the Philippines showing its format. I'm pretty far from the The Block and I had no time to queue in there.

photo_10_hires

The plot of the film was already given in the trailer. I'd rather say all the great things in the movie are already there. I think if I've watched this film in 3D I might like this one. Watching this in a conventional cinema is not that fulfilling. I really heard rave reviews about this film right after watching it in 3D cinema. Some are describing it as a wild theme park ride experience.

photo_14_hires

The first 10 minutes is kinda lazy to watch. I was anticipating for fun already. Oh...the Philippines was almost mentioned. Our beloved country is really visible on the screen. Take note.. twice on the big screen! I'm kinda proud you know. The script is really boring. It is so predictable and I just didn't get the humor. Some jokes are terribly corny. The forced love story just came out of nowhere. Huh??? Gosh... it's excruciating. They just concentrated on the visual effects ride of the movie which is really amazing. I just imagined myself seating inside a 3D cinema.

photo_17_hires

There are some magnificent scenes in the movie. I really enjoyed the ocean scene with the three except for the part where Sean (Josh Hutcherson) got a call from her mother on his cp. Imagine there's a good signal at the center of the earth? Cmon!!! The magnetic rocks with Josh is an intense scene too. The Tyrannosaurus scene is just a rip off from all the dinosaur movies I watched. The rescue scene is just impossible. By the characters haven't been eating or drinking water for hours under a scorching temperature but they are still vivacious. I think it would be great to see them suffer there.

photo_26_hires photo_29_hires

This movie sucks coz of the stupid screenplay. This movie just gratifies the audience with its visual effects and maybe Josh Hutcherson too. Brendan's character is still the same scratch we saw in The Mummy. I'm still ambivalent if I hate him here. This Icelandic actress named Anita is just OK. She's hot.

Am I recommending this one? Yeah, watch it in a 3D cinema for the so called “digital experience”. Too bad I'm not planning to watch it there sooner or maybe never. I was already daunted.

RATING : 2.5 / 5 *

No comments: