Thursday, July 3, 2008

GOSH! THEIR CLODDISH CHINESE NARNIA

THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM

Photobucket

What are they thinking? Gosh... I can't help myself from laughing out loud while watching this lumpish film. Gosh! Trying hard Chinese Narnia.

Photobucket

Of course I was so agog (exaggerating only) to watch this coz 2 Chinese Martial Superstars are being paired together for the first time. Jackie Chan & Jet Li. Amazing right?? Duh.... why did they accept this lame project? The story sucks big time! It is unforgivable. It is very predictable. I love watching kung fu martial arts movies if it is stylish enough. I avoided myself from watching Jet Li's Once Upon A Time in China flicks .Sorry, I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of Jackie either. But if there's a good word of mouth about their movie, eventually I would watch it too. This one I'm just quiet enthusiastic.

Photobucket

The story starts with oh my gosh Mr. Sky High himself, Michael Arangano. I missed this kid. I didn't know that he is in the movie. I didn't bother searching about this film anyway. Honestly, he is the only actor in the movie. The rest are just nincompoops especially the 2 lead actors. Jackie Chan gosh... hey his stunt double is really palpable. He is a codger now. Let him rest. Jet Li? Gosh... he purely depends on the magic of visual effects . His voice is very vexatious too. He was just fooling around.

Photobucket

Why I called this “ The Chinese Narnia”? The story goes like this: Jason Triptikis played by Michael Angarano as an American teenager who gets possession of a magic staff and is instructed to return it to its owner, who happens to be The Monkey King (Jet Li), who has been a bronze statue for 500 years. So he was magically whisked to Ancient China and meets a drunken kung fu master, Lu Yan played by Jackie Chan. Then we see a lot of Kung Fu scenes non-stop which are very dull for me. They are not appealing at all. They are just recycled stunts. C'mon they didn't surprised me at all.

Photobucket

The worst thing in the movie: Ancient Chinese people are speaking English!!! Are you kidding me? What's the point of the writer? I didn't get it at all! I didn't understand what they are talking coz their English accent is gibberish. Thanks God that Michael Arangano is here. His acting is very real and his aura is somewhat refreshing. He is only reason why I didn't loathe this movie totally.And the Chinese girl is cute too. I forgot her name .

Photobucket

Well, they actually managed to capture a very gorgeous cinematography. I love it. It's pleasing.

Photobucket

I think they really wanted to target the Kung Fu movie lovers in the world with this one. They think that pairing the two superstars is a blast. Unfortunately, it failed. I'd rather called this “The Forbidden Kung Fu Film”. Gosh!

RATING : 2 / 5 *

No comments: