Thursday, July 31, 2008

FORGET ABOUT IT

ADAM & STEVE

adam_and_steve

I'm still wonderin' why our local distributor got interested to show this in our cinemas? Adam & Steve is probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's excruciating and I totally hate this one.

Is this a funny film? According to their poster that this is an all out comedy. Fun Fun Fun... Huh? Are they brainsick? The movie sucks coz it's ho-hum after that one highlight at the start. At least they managed to have one unforgettable scene. I admit I actually chuckled on that one particular gross scene. It is so disgusting that I somehow laughed but I did not enjoy it honestly. It makes me puke.

The movie is so campy. This is not a discreet gay film like Brokeback Mountain & Shelter. So if you're homophobic, just stay away from this one. This will disgust you to death. I did not enjoy the screenplay at all. I don't know who will enjoy this crap. The plot is about 2 gays. They meet in 1987 and have a disastrous one night stand. After 20 years, they meet up again but fail to recognize each other and eventually they fall in love. Simple but atrocious. Believe me this is a waste of time.

adamsteve-jg5

Oh by the way, the two actors are quiet good coz they are so comfortable in their respective roles. Steve is being played by Malcolm Gets. I don't know this indie actor but he looks good on camera. Adam is played by Craig Chester. He also wrote and directed this one. So basically he is the gay M.Night Shyamalan without the weird twists in the story . He is also a horrendous director. Craig is so vexatious in the screen. His character is being thrown with wine glasses coz they despise gay people like him. Actually, I wanna smash one bottle too on his face. I'm not that prejudiced but I just can't stand him. He irks me a lot.

450x300_adamsteve1

Surprisingly, they have 2 outstanding supporting roles played by Parker Posey and Chris Kattan. They are refreshments from that skanky Adam. Don't expect shtupping scenes here because this is a gay indie film. I'd rather not witness a horrible bed scene with those actors. Thanks “Adam from the Garden of Eden” coz they don't have a graphic one.

I also disapprove the excessive use of drugs in this movie. I don't get it why they include those unnecessary scenes about drug abuse. Grrr.....

AdamSteveweb

There's a dance musical scene too which is very stupid and pathetic. It's the most horrible thing I've ever seen in a movie.

The DVD is already out a long time ago in the US. You can even pick some bootlegs here. Just don't waste your time with this one but if you're curious about that one highlight you can watch this but I don't guarantee satisfaction in the end.

450x300_adamstevewedding

This is my only opinion. I'm not against with the gay community. This is just a wrong project. Just forget it.

RATING : 1 / 5 *

No comments: