Wednesday, July 2, 2008

JUMPING SO HIGH

JUMPER Photobucket

Jumper was released around Valentines Day this year together with The Spiderwick Chronicles and My Bestfriend's Girlfriend. I failed to watch Jumper coz I didn't have enough dough to spend during the love week. I had a budget intended only for my V-day escapades. I watched Spiderwick for free at SM IMAX courtesy of Getzmo. Thanks guys!!! And I supported My BF's GF coz it's a local film from GMA Films. Don't ask me why it's palpable. Ha ha ha!

Jumper's DVD is already out and I didn't hesitate in buying it. I'm not a fan of Hayden Christensen but I' was just really enthusiastic about this film. This is from director Doug Liman of The Bourne Identity & Mr. & Mrs Smith which I really enjoyed in the big screen.

Photobucket

Jumper is about the story of David Rice played by Hayden Christensen. He can teleport to every place he can think of in just a split second. It's really awesome to have that superpower. Ever since I've been wanting to have this power. I've been dreaming this since I was a kid. I totally regret that I didn't watch this on a big screen. It would've been a wonderful experience if I caught this in a Dolby cinema.

Yeah. I love this film. This is my film. This is my dream.

Photobucket

I love the script coz it's not boring. Of course, it's not an award winning screenplay. It is really predictable but somehow you gonna love it. Well, it's just me. Some people have ambivalent reaction about this film too.

Photobucket

I was really delighted watching the teleport scenes with Hayden. It's like watching The Amazing Race again! This time it's bullet fast. From New York, to London, to Rome, to Fiji, to Japan, to Egypt and everywhere. It's a fantastic trip! I love it.!

Photobucket

What's also amazing about this film is that the jumps are exhilarating. I can't help myself from melting when I saw Hayden at the Big Ben and at the top of the Sphinx. Kudos to the team of visual effects! Great job guys!

Photobucket

But...the only thing worth complaining here is the lead actor. Hayden Christensen still can't act. His facial expressions and delivery are really lifeless and excruciating. I don't despise though coz he is really cute. His acting was really eclipsed here with Jamie Bell as Griffin, the other jumper & Samuel Jackson, the head of the Paladins Diane Lane also has a cameo role here and I was surprised seeing her in this film. David's love interest named Millie is played by Rachel Bilson. Who is she? I was glad to see Max Thieriot here playing the role of the young David and he is much better than Hayden in my opinion. AnnaSophia Robb is also here as the younger Millie. I really like this girl.She's cute.

Photobucket

Watch out for the jaw-dropping fight scenes at The Colosseum in Rome and the award winning fight scenes between David & Griffin. They will complete your day and makes you wanna jump too!

Photobucket

Hmmm... I agree that there was no character development and there were a lot of questions unanswered . C'mon guys..HINT: SEQUEL!

Jumper is really amazing! I would love to watch this over and over again til the next sequel jumps again! I promise to jump in a theater on its first day opening soon! Let's jump higher for this film!!!!

RATING : 4 / 5 *

No comments: