Wednesday, July 2, 2008

BEAUTY & CHARM ONLY.

10000 BC

Photobucket





I didn't watch this movie during its theatrical release coz of the negative reviews.
I was afraid that time of wasting money on a poor flick. I was trying to be frugal those days.
The DVD is out now.
Two reasons why I watched the DVD despite of its poor and negative reviews.
Steven Strait & Camilla Belle.
To some people, they are unknown actors but for me they're popular!
I'm just a fan.



Photobucket

I fell in love with Camilla in a film called When A Stanger Calls. It was a worst horror movie I must say but she's really gorgeous in that film. I mean she's so cute.

Photobucket

Then there's Steven Strait from Sky High & The Covenant. This dude is such a hottie.
Blame me for watching this disaster movie but I don't care coz I just enjoyed watching them together.

10000 BC tells a story about D'leh & Evolet and their struggles set in a prehistoric time.
Actually, the script is nonsense. I won't even bother giving you the plot. It's a love story with mammoth and some animals we saw in Ice Age the movie. A love story with some scenes which are deja vu from other epic movies. The story is killing me!

Photobucket

Anyway, Roland Emmerich made this movie for box office purposes. I don't think he intended this for the Oscars. He is just a genius when it comes to visual effects. They are amazing actually. Watching prehistoric creatures come to life in the big screen is splendid! I love the mammoth scenes and of course the jungle scene with those unknown large carnivorous birds. What are they?

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cinematography is good but not award winning. The production design is quiet impressive but lacking. The costumes are comparable to Apocalypto. Hmmm....

Photobucket

The sound plays a huge part in this film. I must say I like it but not love it.

The editing? Duh.... It's really bad. Because it was worst the movie is such a disaster.
Blame the editor and the writer! Feed them to the saber tooth.

Photobucket

I'm only recommending this movie if you are not doing anything. If you're curious about the visual effects then go watch this. By the way, the fight scenes are awful to watch. Who choreographed those silly stunts?

Photobucket

I enjoyed the film because of Steven & Camilla only. “His beauty and her charm”. I know it's shallow but it's a guilty pleasure of being a fan.

Photobucket

RATING : 2.5 / 5*

No comments: