Saturday, July 5, 2008

THE EYE + SHUTTER = ALONE

ALONE

Photobucket

First, they gave a spine-chilling horror called “The Eye”. I agree I was screaming to death in that movie. Then, they scared us once again with the phenomenal hit “Shutter”. Thai horror films are really effective. What would you get when you combined these two horror flicks? The Eye + Shutter = ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screamfest to the max!!!!!!!!!!

When Pim receives a phone call from a hospital that her mother is badly sick, she and her husband Wee flies back to Thailand. The moment she arrives, the dark flashbacks begin .The secret behind Pim and her family is slowly being unveiled. A disturbed ghost is haunting her in the dark.That ghost is her dead Siamese twin Ploy . Then the terror begins! Hold on to your seats!

Photobucket

This film is from the two directors behind Shutter. So expect what you've experienced in that movie. I mean more of it. Kudos to Banjong Pisanthanakun and Parkpoom Wongpoom for the great job.

Photobucket

The terror in “Alone” is built largely on the sound effects and sudden apparition of the ghost. I hate it coz I was screaming so loud. Yeah, I was really scared to death! They are very good in the so called “shock after shock” and a lot of spooky scenes after it. Gosh, I was covering my mouth for at least 5 minutes when I saw that ghost in the dark. Her scary face is still haunting me. She is still in my mind trying to scare me just like what she did to Pim. Honestly, I just don't want to be alone right after watching this film.

Photobucket

The story really amazes me. I love it coz the narrative plot is not boring. The surprising twist indeed is the best. I wasn't able to predict it that way. Amazing script! I must say that the lead actress Masha Wattanapanich is so brilliant. She is so perfect in her role. She is giving me chills with her acting. I like her so much.

Photobucket

By the way, Alone has made the rounds at film festivals, playing at the 2007 Bangkok International Film Festival. At Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas, the film won awards for best director and best actress. It swept the awards at the 2007 Screamfest Horror Film Festival in Los Angeles, winning Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography and Best Editing. The film also won the top Audience Award for Best Feature Film at the 2007 Toronto After Dark festival.

Photobucket

I read that the DVD was already released in Thailand & Hongkong. Of course, the Hollywood remake is on its way too.

Some are saying that this is comparable to A Tale of Two Sister from South Korea. I haven't seen it. I will check it out soon.

I am really recommending this one.

It is now showing at our local cinemas.

Just don't watch this all by yourself in a dark theater. Coz it's really creepy. It's really scary. This is not for the fainted heart.

RATING : 4.5 / 5*

No comments: