Tuesday, November 24, 2009

HEAVENLY ARCHUCHRISTMAS

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com david-archuleta-christmas-from-the-heart-2009-cd-front

I'm not a Christmas guy. We celebrate it every year but I can't feel the spirit at all. I dunno. Maybe because I'm a workaholic person and I tend to neglect this special Christian festivity. But for 2009 I think my Christmas will be different! I guess this season will be joyful. As early as October, I already received a Christmas gift. It is very special coz it came from my American Idol David Archuleta. Christmas From The Heart is his 2nd studio album. I'm proud to say that this is the best Christmas album ever. Truly the best gift from Archie.

Let us sing the melodies of Christmas!
Let me review these wonderful songs from the album.



David Archuleta "Christmas From The Heart"

JOY TO THE WORLDLachrymose

This is the first time that I've heard a ballad version of this song. I grew up singing this song and I always sing it the way kids are singing it during their caroling. This is my favorite track in the album coz it makes me cry. I always get goose bumps when David sings ...”and wondeeeerrsss... of... his.... his looooveeee.... “. I really love this song.

ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH- Heavenly

It's like lying on a green field and staring on a starry starry heavenly sky where angels are singing above and David is the main angel. Oh God. His voice is powerful. His version is truly enchanting. He is such an angel with a beautiful voice. The way he belts out Glo-o-o-o-o-O-o-o-o-o-O-o-o-o-o-O-ri-a in Ex-cel-sis De-o! is truly glorious.

O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL - Purest

I used to sing this song when I was a kid. David sings this version as it is but he has some luscious twists of course. His voice is clear like a pristine water from heaven.

SILENT NIGHT
Endearing

David's version is haunting. It's also a perfect lullaby for babies. His smooth voice is endearing when he sings the highest part of the song. Goosebumps again!

david-archuleta-christmas-from-the-heart-2009-cd-inlay

THE FIRST NOEL - Jovial

The bells at the outset of the song makes me want to dance in the snow. I love the way David enunciates Israel. While listening to the chorus part, it makes me feel like I'm watching the effulgent star on Bethlehem and the miracles from heaven are showering on me. His voice is really magnetic at the latter part .

O HOLY NIGHTSucculent

One of the hardest Christmas song to sing but David sings it easily and mellifluously. My heart is melting when he sings “Fall on your knees! O, hear the angels' voices! O night divine, O night when Christ was born; O night divine, O night, O night Divine. ”. The orchestration is really amazing.

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMASAstonishing

When I heard that Charice is singing with him in this song, I was dreading to hear their duet. Surprisingly, this is one of the best tracks in the album. Not my favorite but it's really pleasant. Their voices blend smoothly. Thanks God Charice is not screaming. David' voice is perfectly amiable.

I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMASSlick

I love the jazzy feel of this track. His voice is soulful. I love his humming. This is a very sad song and David' voice truly electrifies my veins. Oh God... this song makes me want to see my lover this December. Ha ha ha!

david-archuleta-christmas-from-the-heart-2009-cd-inlay1

PAT-A-PANCutest

One of the best tracks in the album and my second favorite!!!! David sings this in French at the intro and he is really amazing. Just wait for the catchy chorus! It's quiet a tongue twister but I'm certainly enjoying it. I love the instrumental part after he belts out “on Christmas day....”. This is an excellent song ! This is a contemporary version and every person in the world will love this track!

WHAT CHILD IS THISRelaxing

I find this song a little Enya-ish coz I feel relaxed from start to end. I'm imagining myself riding in a small boat while four angels are guiding me to a place filled with beautiful flowers and there's an image of baby Jesus in the middle of them. Truly inspiring.

RIU RIU CHIUGroovy

This is my 3rd fav track. I love David's Spanish accent. This song is in Spanish and it's really catchy. This song is about Marian Rivera. I really love to sing along with David when he sings “Riu Riu Chiu Marian Rivera...Riu Riu Chiu Marian Rivera....Just kidding. That's the way I sing it anyway! I love it!!!!!!!!

AVE MARIAForgiving

This song washes away my sins. Ha ha. This song makes me wanna go to church and confess all my sins. This is a very powerful church song. David sings it solemnly from his heart. I'm just confused coz he is a Mormon and this song is about the blessed Virgin Mary. Hands down to the choir by the way!!!

MELODIES OF CHRISTMAS- Refreshing

This is the only original song in the album and palpably the most radio-friendly of all the tracks. The song samples some melodies from popular Christmas songs. I love the part when David teases Silent Night. This song is slowly growing on me. This song sums up everything in the album. I love it. What a perfect song to end the album!

If you're planning to send some gifts this holiday, Christmas from the Heart is a perfect gift. The one who receives it will be delighted. David Archuleta's voice is heavenly. He is really amazing.

david-archuleta-christmas-from-the-heart-2009

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments: