Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HIS LAST MONWALK

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com this is it


Last June 25, 2009 when the news broke out that the King of Pop died due to cardiac arrest, I was really in pain. I've been a huge huge fan ever since and until now. I love his music. I grew up with his music. It's just frustrating that Michael Jackson is already gone. Anyway, his legend will still continue and it will live forever. Isn't it amazing that after his death he left us something to remember? “This Is It” is a concert film documenting
Michael Jackson's rehearsals of the concert series of the same name.

This film is not remarkable in every way but to see my idol one last time on the stage: one word to describe him: PHENOMENAL.

this is it1

The film opens with three words: “For The Fans”, I just couldn't help it. I cried instantly. Kenny Ortega who directed the High Musical Trilogy must be praised for this film. This concert-docu shows Jackson's last rehearsals for his upcoming concert in London. All I can say is that it doesn't matter anymore if the production is not well-polished and the videos are quiet grainy. The main thing here is to witness MJ doing his last moonwalk and his famous crotch-grabbing strut for one last time.

this is it4

The movie opens with the some interviews from dancers and they are all teary-eyed. Their tears are real and it makes me sad to now that their dreams of performing with MJ on a real concert is really over. Since this film only shows his rehearsals, MJ did not actually give his fully best for he was saving his voice for the actual night However, his moves are still unbelievable and energetic. His age isn't palpable with those moves he shows on the stage especially on the song “Beat it”. MJ is just awesome!

this is it5

I really like the new videos in which MJ intertwines in them. The video in “They Don't Care About Us” is futuristic with 11,000 thousand soldiers on the background. The Smooth Criminal is remarkable with MJ breaking the glass window. I know he has a body double on that part. I love the production design on the song “The Way You Make Me Feel”even if it looks like a set from “Rent”. The part in which MJ is singing songs from the Jackson 5 era is sweet even if he's not singing at all. I suggest to prepare your hanky when he delivers the lachrymose “I'll Be There”. The new video for Thriller is scarier than the original video. It is shot in 3D by the way. It would've been great to see the actual segment on the concert night for this electrifying song. The environmental-friendly “Earth Song” is my favorite of all. MJ was truly a real advocate when it comes to caring our mother Earth. Deeply, he was so sincere with his last message. I cried again.

this is it7

There is a shocking scene where MJ complains about something about his earpieces and it may raise some eyebrows from die-hard fanatics. But I think it's quiet OK for MJ was only human anyway with imperfections. The most intense part for me is MJ's Black & White rehearsal. That girl guitarist is really talented. I love that way she riffs the guitar and MJ's dancing is still smooth. Black & White is one my fav song from him and I'm really glad to see him rehearsing this song for the last time.The part when he sings a duet love song called “I Just Can't Stop Loving You” with his background singer doesn't have a huge impact on me but the girl is really good. The “Billie Jean” rehearsal at the latter part is terrific when MJ shows his last famous crotch-grabbing move. But the funniest part for me is when MJ takes a ride on that crowd-surfing cherry-picker then he screams “Weeeeee!!!”. Playful MJ! Even though the film has no spectacular ending, I still love it. Yeah, make that change!

this is it3

In this film, we see Michael Jackson as a perfectionist, a bighearted and sturdy leader, and a loving artist. I'm not recommending this if you're not a fan . If you're expecting an investigation about his death or some mysteries about his live, zilch!. “This Is It” is purely a jubilation of his legacy as “The King of Pop”. To all the fans: This is It!!!! It's time to see once again the man in the mirror who touched our lives with his phenomenal music. Michael Jackson's music lives on for eternity.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
Michael Jackson

Click Here For Emoticons &
Michael Jackson Emoticons

No comments: